MS Access DatabaseCity University London
In Islington (England)
Price on request
- Short course
- Islington (England)
What you'll learn on the course
What will I learn?
- Introduction: Course overview, a quick overview of MS Access for windows. Database theory: Define a database, table, record, field, data types, key fields, indexes and object in Access.
- Creating tables I: Define the table structure, data entry.
- Creating tables II: Copying and restructuring the table design, modifying the field properties, using formats and input masks. Renaming and deleting tables.
- Importing and Exporting Data Relationships Database Management organisation: Data sorting, indexing and validation.
- Creating Forms: Creating forms from scratch, changing the field properties on the form, calculations on forms, data entry forms.
- Using the form wizards.
- Creating Queries: Introduction to the different query types. Writing Select queries using: Logical Operators: And, Or, Not and Null. Mathematical operators and calculations.
- Creating queries for: Global Delete, change and insert, Making Tables and Appending Tables.
- Creating Reports: Creating reports from scratch, Report headers and footers, calculations on reports. Using the form wizards to create mailing lists.
- Creating Advanced/complex Forms/Reports: Creating Main/ Sub-reports from scratch. Graphs in reports/forms.
- Macros: Creating and running macros.
- Modules: Creating VBA code.
- Database Administration and Security.
Teaching and Assessment
Assessment will be by completion of set exercises.The tutor will also record the student's progress.