Advance Diploma in Functional EnglishGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Languages offers Advance Diploma in Functional English course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Unit-I : An Introduction to Print Media
- Print Media and Communication
- Definition of Communication
- Scope of Communication : Its purpose and forms
Unit-II : Reporting
- Sources of Information
- Distinguishing Factual News Reporting from Interpretative and
- Analytical Reporting
Unit-III : Investigate Journalism
- Writing the Questions
- Reporting from Interviews – Format, Style and Content
Unit-IV : Writing News Stories
- Essentials of News Writing the Headlines – the Leads – the Body and Conclusion-the Art and Skills of writing for Different Purposes.
Unit-V : Areas in News Reporting
- Reporting Obituaries, Weather, Sports, Science, Business, Art and Culture, Education, Agriculture, Fashion, Community Service etc.
Unit-VI : The Reader
- Understanding the Reader
Unit-VII : Feature Writing
- Defining a Feature (a lyric in prose) – the Crafts of Feature Writing – Distinguishing a Feature from other Forms of Newspaper / Magazine Writing – Researching before Writing – Titles and Leads – Packaging a Feature with interest, Humour, Pictures and other Ingredients – Areas for Feature Writing (middles, reviews) – Freelancing and Feature Writing.