Advance Diploma in Tourism and Hotel ManagementGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Economics and Business offers Advance Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Laws Relating to Hotel Guest Relationship :-
- Definitions : Fare Rate, Hotel and Lodging House, Manager of Hotel, Owner of Lodging House, Paying Guest, Premises and Tenant.
- Appointment of Controller, Fixation of fare rate.
- Refusal of Accommodation, Occupier’s Liability, Bail, Pledge and Lien.
Essential Commodities Act. 1955
- Main Provisions of the Act.
Front Office :
- Activities engaged in earning of room revenue. Front Officer cashier and His job description Hotel Credit, Acceptance of Foreign Currency Duties and responsibilities of Lobby staff
Engineering and Maintenance :
- Role, functions, Duties and Responsibilities of Engineering and Maintenance
Department in Hotel Business. Accounting, Audit and Control.
Administration and Human Resource Management :
- Role of Administration and Human Resource Management.
- Personnel Policies and Personal Control System of Hotel.
- Role of Training and Human Resource Development.
Food and Bevarages :
- Importance of Food and Beverages sale in Hotel.
- Organisation of Food Production and Food and Beverages Service.
- Attitudes, Duties and Responsibilities and Skills of Staff.
Emergence of Modern Mass Tourism :
- Post World War-II Phenomenon, Expansion of Tourism during 90’s and their causes.
International Dimensions of Tourism
- Defining International Tourism, Types of Tourist Statistics and their importance, Methods of Measurement, Problems in Tourist Statistics Measurement
International Tourism Organizations :
- World Tourism Organization, PATA—Pacific Asia Travel Association, International Union of Official Travel Organization and their functions.
Investment in Tourism :
- Requirements and Sources of Finance, Government Agencies, other agencies such as IBRD, IFC, IDA, Tourism Finance Corporation of India, Hotel Tax and Tourist Tax, Embarkation Tax.
Tourism Policy and Planning, Use of Internet in Tourism.
Practical Aspects :
1. Practice regarding Documentation of Tourism Industry.
2. Practice regarding Accounting Techniques adopted by Hotel.