Advanced Banking and Finance Lawwww.mylaw.net
What you'll learn on the course
Law and Business
Law for Business
Law and Commerce
Teachers and trainers (1)
After graduating from NLSIU Deeksha joined ICICI Bank, Mumbai and worked with their Structured Finance and Corporate Strategy Teams. Then she moved to the ESSAR Group, where she independently handled various financing transactions. At Rainmaker, Deeksha is a member of the Learning Team and is involved in the ideation, structuring and creation of programmes on mylaw.net, and writes regularly on Securities Law and Banking & Finance.
P R O G R A M M E O U T L I N E
Unit 1: Foreign Exchange Regulatory Laws
• Study the legal and regulatory framework of foreign exchange laws that affect banking operations and lending transactions;
• Understand the broad structure of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999; and
• Learn about regulations introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”) relating to inbound and outbound foreign exchange transactions.
Unit 2: Debt Recovery
• Understand various options available to banks to recover the debts due to them when borrowers fail to repay their debts.
• Learn about when debt recovery tribunals are set up and learn about the legal framework governing them.
• Study the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interests Act, 2002.
Unit 3: Dispute Resolution
• Understand the avenues of dispute resolution available to banks and their customers.
• Study the roles of consumer courts and the banking ombudsman;
• Examine the applicability of alternative means of dispute resolution, such as arbitration.
Unit 4: Preparing Documents for Corporate Loans
• Understand how documents are drafted for a typical corporate term loan.
• Explore the different kinds of documents that are involved in a typical corporate term loan.
Unit 5: Drafting the Loan Agreement - I
• Learn the essential principles to draft an effective loan agreement.
• Examine closely the components of a facility agreement that relate to the introduction, interpretation, and the operation of the loan.
Unit 6: Drafting the Loan Agreement - II
• Study in detail the sections on terms and conditions—typically the most heavily negotiated part of the agreement.
• Examine the various boilerplate clauses used commonly in loan agreements.
Unit 7: Understanding Stamp Duty Implications
• Understand the statutory framework governing stamping of documents.
• Learn the significance of stamping documents correctly and how this impacts loan transactions.
Unit 8: Understanding Non-Banking Financial Companies
• Identify the various kinds of entities that are considered to be Non-Banking Financial Companies (“NBFCs”).
• Study the provisions regulating the management and operation of NBFCs.
Unit 9: Understanding Relevant Provisions of the Companies Act, 2013
• Examine the effect of Companies Act, 2013 on the banking and finance industry.
• Identify and study the provisions that directly impact on banking transactions.