Advanced Diploma Course in Pharmaceutical ManagementGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University offers Advanced Diploma Course in Pharmaceutical Management course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Chemical constitution of plant ; including carbohydrates, aminot acids, proteins, fats Waxes, volatile oils, terpenods, steroids, saponins, flavonoids, tannis, glycosides, alkaloids.
Various isolation procedures for active ingredients with example for alkaloid, e.g. vinalkloids, reserpine ; one for steroids- sapogenin, diogenin, diagron.
Pharmaceutical quality control (other than the analytical methods covered under crose subject) – sterility testing, pyrogenic testing, glass testing, bulk density of powders, etc.
Classification of various drugs with examples. Raw materials, process of manufacture, effluent handling, etc. of the following bulk drugs.
1. Sulpoha drugs – sulphaguandine, sulphamethoxazole.
2. Antimicrobial – Chloramphenical, Furazolidine, merourochrome, isoniazid, Na-PAS.
3. Anti-inflammatory – Salicylic acid and its derivates, Ipuprofen, mefenamic acid.
4. Steroidal hormones – Progesterone, Testosterone methyl testosterone.
5. Vitamins – Vit A, Vit B6, Vit C
6. Barbiturates – Pentobarial
7. Blockers – propranolol, atenolol
8. Cardiovascular agent – Methyl dopa
9. Antihistamines – Chlorohoneramine maleate
Products based on fermentation processes
Brief idea of microorganisms their structure, growth and usefulness. Enzyme systems useful for transformation, microbial products.
General principle of fermentation processes and product processing.
Manufacture of antibiotic, Pencillin-G and semisynthetic penicillins, Rifamycin, tetracyclins, Vit B 12
Biotransformation processes for prednisolone, II – hydroxylat on lim steroids. Enzyme catalysed trans.