Advanced Diploma in Food Science and Quality ControlGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University offers Advanced Diploma in Food Science and Quality Control course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
1. Sensory evaluation techniques and methods. Developing a sensory lab.
2. Food packaging and its functions, packaging requirements and materials for different
food products, Different packaging materials used for food.
3. Introduction to nutrition, sources of nutrients, requirements and recommended
allowances, diseases related to different nutritional deficiencies.
4. General problems of grain storage, sources and causes of deterioration, detection of
infestation of stored food grains. Traditional and modern methods of grain storage.
Insect pests of stored grains and milled products and nature of damage. Chemical,
non-chemical and integrated methods of controlling stored grain insect pests,
vertebrate pests and their control. Toxic contamination in food grains and their
1. History of fermentation processes. Types of fermentation- alcoholic, lactic acid and
acetic acid. Fermentor design: Parts of fermentor, measurement of process variables
and their control.
2. Industrial fermented products: Study of the production of wine, lactic acid, citric acid,
single cell proteins, vitamins, alcohol and enzymes.
3. Food Process Engineering Methods: Filtration, precipitation, centrifugation, liquid
extraction, freezing, drying and crystallization. Material handling: General
considerations, type of material handling equipments. Conveyors, elevators, pumps,
evaporators and heat exchangers.