Advanced Linux Network and Systems AdministrationCity University London
In Islington (England)
Price on request
- Short course
- Islington (England)
What you'll learn on the course
What will I learn?
- How to choose a virtual/dedicated server, picking the appropriate Linux distribution and setting up the domain name for your company.
- Installation and optimisation of the Apache Server and modules.
- Supporting multiple domains and websites from the same server.
- Adding CGI support for php, perl and python to the apache server and CGI security.
- Installation, configuration and optimisation of MySQL, Postgres and Oracle databases.
- Installation of Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and Tomcat.
- Configuring Squid as a Web Proxy Server.
- Mail Servers, installation of Citadel, SpamAssassin and making sure our mail server is not categorized as a spam node.
- Configuring Network File Access through FTP, ssh/scp/sftp, Samba and NFS.
- Security and Firewalls, iptables for traffic filtering, Port Forwarding and DMZ zones.
- Setting up a Linux Box as a Router and a Gateway, packet forwarding and NAT.
- QoS and Traffic Conditioning in Linux, How to allocate bandwidth to specific internet traffic.
- SSH encryption, tunneling and port forwarding.