Applied Linguistics and Teaching English to Speakers of Other LanguagesAnglia Ruskin University
Price on request
- Distance learning
What you'll learn on the course
The course focuses on aspects of curriculum and syllabus development, second language acquisition theories and classroom management, but also takes a sociolinguistic and sociocultural approach to looking at second language acquisition, learning and teaching.
- 20,000 word dissertation
- Syllabus Design and Materials Development
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Discourse in Society
- Postgraduate Research Methods
- a module from Intercultural Communication
- Independent Learning Project - This module enables students to work independently on topics not provided within existing modules, subject to the availability of a suitable supervisor.
We use a wide range of assessments in order to enable students to illustrate both an understanding of theoretical issues and their practical application.