B.Com (Accounting & Finance)KPB Hinduja College of Commerce
Price on request
A) Name of the Dept. - B.Com. (Accounting & Finance)
B) Name of the paper
F.Y.B.Com (Accounting & Finance)
Semester - I
- Financial Accounting Paper - I
- Cost Accounting Paper - I
- Economics Paper - I
- Commerce Paper - I
- Information Technology Paper - I
- Business Communication Paper - I
- Foundation Course Paper - I
Semester - II
- Financial Accounting Paper - II
- Auditing Paper - I
- Financial Management Paper - I
- Taxation Paper - I
- Business Law Paper - I
- Quantitative Methods for Business Paper - I
- Business Communication Paper - II
S.Y.B.Com (Accounting & Finance)
- Information Technology in Banking & Insurance
- Taxation of Financial Services
- Financial Management - I
- Organisational Behaviour
- Management Accounting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Law Governing to Banking & Insurance
Semester - IV
- Financial Accounting Management
- Accounting Paper - I
- Taxation Paper - II
- Commerce Paper - II
- Business Law Paper - III
- Information Technology Paper - II
- Quantitative Methods for Business Paper - II
T.Y.B.Com (Accounting & Finance)
Semester - V
- Financial Accounting Paper -V
- Cost Accounting Paper - III
- Financial Accounting Paper - VI
- Management Accounting Paper - II
- Taxation Paper - III
- Economics - Paper - III
Semester - VI
- Financial Accounting Paper - VII
- Cost Accounting Paper - IV
- Auditing Paper - IV
- Financial Accounting Paper - VIII
- Taxation Paper - IV
- Management Paper - II
List of Faculty:
- Ms. Rupal Shah
- Ms. Malathi Sankar
- Mr. Kuldeep Sharma
D) Scheme of Examination
The Scheme of the Examination shall be divided in two parts:
1. Internal Assessment - 40 Marks
The allocation of 40 marks shall be on the following basis:
a) Two best of three periodical class tests held in the given semester
b) A better of the two assignments - the class based presentation to be selflessly assessed by the teacher concerned.
c) Active participation in routine class instructional deliveries.
d) Overall conduct as a responsible student, mannerisms and the articulation and display of the leadership qualities in organizing related academic activities.
2. Semester End Examination - 60 Marks
a) Duration - This examination shall be of 2 hours duration.
E) Faculty Achievement
- Mr. Kuldeep Sharma, full time lecturer has presented 5 research papers at
following seminars and conferences :-
i. International Commerce and Management Conference organised by University of Mumbai.
ii. National Seminar on Terrorism organised by Maratha Mandir's Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management, Mumbai.
iii. International Management Research Conference, 2009 organised by Global Business School, Mumbai.
iv. International and Management Conference on Global Recession organised by University of Mumbai. In this seminar he presented 2 research papers, viz.
a. Global Recession and Management: Challenges and Strategies in Real Estate Business.
b. Global Recession and HRM: Challenges and Strategies.
• Ms. Rupal Shah, Co-ordinator of B.Com. (Accounting and Finance) has attended an International Seminar on "Frauds in Indian Corporate Arena" organised by L. S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce in collaboration with India Forensic.
F) Student Achievement
- MR. APOORVA DANTHI has
1. won the silver medal at the V.S.B.C. State Boxing Tournament held on December 27 & 28, 2008 at Mumbai.
2. won the silver medal at the Mayor trophy Boxing tournament held from May 16 & 18, 2008.
Seminar on Revised Syllabus of F.Y.B.A.F.
A Seminar on "Revised Syllabus of FYBAF" was organized by BAF Department on 11th July, 2008. The Chief Guest for the programme were Mr. Gadade, Dean, Faculty of Commerce and Dr. Eknath Patil, Chairman of Board of Study in Accountancy.
Admission to the courses offered by the rules framed by the University of Mumbai from time to time and will be given at the commencement of the first semester.
Candidates seeking admission from the colleges affiliated to the University of Mumbai must produce a Transfer Certificate from the college last attended.
A candidate for being eligible for admission to B.Com (Accounting & Finance) which is a three year degree course divided into six semesters shall have passed the Std. XII Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Education or its equivalent and have secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at the first attempt (45% in case of reserved category) Every candidates admitted to the degree Course shall have to registrar himself/herself with the University of Mumbai.
3) Industrial Visit
2004 - 05 Visit to Pune.
Company visited - Tata Motors Pvt. Ltd
2005 - 06 Visit to Bangalore
2006-07 Visit to Silvassa
Companies visited Nipra, Neelkamal Plastics, Gulf Oil, Hindalco Industries Ltd., Blue Star, etc.
2007-08 Visit to Jaipur
Companies visited Jaipur Ceramics Pvt. Ltd. & Saras Dairy.
2008-09 Visit to Chandigarh and Shimla
Companies covered - GMP Technical Solution Ltd, Pidilite Ltd.,
2009-10 Visit to Jodhpur Jaisalmer
Companies covered - Metallisation works Pvt. Ltd., Guest Lecture by Chartered Accountant - Mr. Manish Gupta and visit to a windmill.
4) Societal Responsibilities:
Placements: - A centralized placement cell is formed who looks after the placements of the students of all departments. Placement agencies are also invited for campus placement.
some of the Companies visited for campus recruitment -
a) HDFC Standard Life Insurance,
b) Virgin Mobile,
c) Deutsche Bank,
d) Tata Consultancy Services, etc.