B.A in Computer ScienceRani Durgavati University
Price on request
Unit-1 DOS :
• DOS commands : Internal & External Commands.
• Special batch file : Autoexec, Bar Hard disk setup.
• No. of Units - 5 Units
• No. of Marks - 50 marks
(Theory 25, Project 13, Practical 12)
• Total No. of Lectures required - 04 lecture/unit =Total 20
• Hours of Practical work required - 2 periods/weeks for 3
Unit-2 Windows 98:
• Desktop setting : New folder, rename bin operation, briefcase, function. control panel utility.
• Display properties: Screen saver, background settings.
• Creating file: save, save as HTML, Save as Text, template, RTF Formate.
• Page setup utility: Margin settings, paper size setting, paper source, layout.
• Editing: Cut, paste special, undo, redo, find, replace, goto etc.
• View file: page layout, Normal Outline, master document, ruler header, footer, footnote, full
• Insert: break, pagenumber, symbol, date & time, auto text, caption file, object, hyperlink,
• Format: font, paragraph, bullets & numbering, border & shading, change case, columns.
• Table : Draw label, insert table, cell handling, table autoformat, sort formula.
Creating new slide, formatting slide layout, slide show & sorter, Inserting new slide, slide no., date,
time, chart, formatting slide, tool operation.
List of suggested practical work:
• Under standing of a dial up connection through modern.
• Configuring a computer for an e-mail and using outlook Express or Netscape Messenger.
• Registration an e-mail address.
• Understanding of e-mail drafting.
• Understanding of address book maintenance for e-mail.
• Understanding of different mail program tools.
• Send and receive functions of e-mail.
Unit-1 Introduction to computer organization, input and output dixices, Storage dixices and operating
Unit-2 Word Processing : Word
• Introduction to word Processing.
• MS Word: features, Creating, Saving and Operating Multi document windows, Editing Text
selecting, Inserting, deleting moving text.
• Previewing documents, Printing document to file page. Reduce the number of pages by one.
• Formatting Documents: paragraph formats, aligning Text and Paragraph, Borders and
shading, Headers and Footers, Multiple Columns.
Unit-3 Introduction to Excel
Excel & Worksheet :
• Worksheet basic.
• Creating worksheet, entering data into worksheet, heading information, data text, and dates,
alphanumeric, values, saving & quitting worksheet.
• Opening and moving around in an existing worksheet.
• Toolbars and Menus, keyboard shortcuts.
• Working with single and multiple workbooks coping, renaming, moving, adding and deleting.
Coping entries and moving between workbooks.
• Working with formulas & cell referencing.
• Auto sum.
• Coping formulas
• Absolute & Relative addressing.
INTRODUCTION TO POWER POINT
• Features and various versions.
• Creating presentation using Slide master and template in various colour scheme.
• Working with slides makes new slide move, copy, delete, duplicate, lay outing of slide, and
zoom in or out of a slide.
• Editing and formatting text: Alignment, editing, inserting, deleting, selecting, formatting of
text, find and replace text.
• Bullets , footer, paragraph formatting, spell checking.
• Printing presentation Print slides, notes, handouts and outlines.
• Inserting objects Drawing and Inserting objects using Clip Arts picture and charts.
• Slide sorter, slide transition effect and animation effects.
Presenting the show making stand alone presentation, Pack and go wizards.
Unit-5 Evolution, Protocol, concept, Internet, Dial-up connectivity, leased line, VSAT, Broad band, URLs,
Domain names, Portals. E-mail, Pop & web based Email. Basic of sending and receiving Emails,
Email & Internet Ethics, Computer virus, Antivirus software wage, Web Browers.