B.E.(Industrial Engineering & Management)M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Price on request
B.E.(Industrial Engineering & Management)
The Industrial and Production Engineering department was established in the year 1979 as part of Mechanical Engineering, got separated as an independent department in the year 1984. It was renamed as Industrial Engineering and Management in the year 1992, with initial faculty strength of seven and student strength of forty. It has matured itself to offer education to a size of sixty students. The faculty strength has increased to twelve and also one honorary Prof. of Emeritus from IISc, Bangalore.
To transform the entrants of the course into professionally competent engineers in the discipline of Industrial Engineering and Management and to mould them into productive citizens for the society.
The goal of Industrial Engineering and Management Programme at MSRIT is to evolve a well rounded individual with basic engineering skills and high analytical and problem solving skills imparted by Industrial Engineering techniques and to continuously upgrade knowledge of faculty in the field of Industrial Engineering and Management by way of full freedom and opportunity
The IEM Programme objectives represent and describe the expected accomplishments of our undergraduates resulting from participation within our programme as soon as they finish their graduation.
1. To train and educate students in Science, Methodologies, Computational Skills and analysis techniques of I.E practice including such core Industrial Engineering topics as Engineering Management, Probability and Statistics, Human factors, Computing and Operations Research applied to manufacturing, Logistics and Service Systems.
2. To develop students in the areas of Design, Improve and Manage integrated systems of people, technologies, material, information and equipment within the context of societal and contemporary issues in engineering.
3. To develop students the ability to solve unstructured problems by collecting, modeling, analyzing and interpreting data with I.E. practice.
4. To develop students in the areas of leadership, communication skills, team work, professionalism and ethics.
5. To make students aware of the need for and to provide the ability to accomplish life long learning, continuing education and professional growth within the field of Industrial Engineering.