B.E in Mechanical EngineeringHMS Institue of Technology
Price on request
B.E in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering branch started in the year 1997 with the inception of the institution, the one of the most popular and biggest branch of engineering of this institution. The department believes and practices the "Philosophy that involves everyone in an organization in a continual effort to improve quality and achieve total customer satisfaction of all the stake holders".
To unfurl the Young Talents Blossom to meet and exceed Global Challenges.
* To create academic excellence by imbibing state of the art technology.
* To generate new knowledge base through high end technology.
* To produce graduates to surge ahead to face futuristic and realistic challenges
* To develop human potential with high ethical standards for the uplift of mankind
Salient features of the Department:-
Year established 1997 Present Intake of the students 120 Laboratories 13 Computers , CNC Machines Robots >50 01 01 Employees 50+ Students on roll 456 Alumni 500+ Staff - Students ratio 1:15 Professional membership ISTE Life Membership (Staff and Students) Books >15,000 (Main Library) >500 (Department Library) Internet BSNL leased line with OFC
Department focuses on:
* Invited lecturers from academic and industry experts are being arranged.
* Faculty members deliver seminars on the chosen topics.
* Faculty members are encouraged to attend Seminars/Workshops/Conferences etc.,
* Faculties are motivated to pursue their higher studies.
Road map for the development of the department:
The department aims to become an excellence in all areas related to Mechanical Engineering in the next five years. To achieve this following initiative has been taken up
* Establishing Consultancy cell ( Providing technical expertise to small scale and large scale manufacturers)
* Starting Research centre.
* Establishing Entrepreneurship development cell. ( In association with financial institutions like KSFC, IDBI, EDD ) and also with local small and medium scale traders)
Long term goals
* To become a school of excellence in Mechanical Engineering faculty.
* Strengthen Industry - Institution - Interaction.
* To enhance interaction with Industries to undertake Consultancy.
* Facilitate Research and development activities.
* Start PG programs in the emerging field of Mechanical Engineering like CAD/CAM, Mechatronics, Composites, and Nano- Materials.
Short term goals
* To encourage all staff members to pursue their higher studies.
* To encourage all the staff and students to present technical papers in National/International seminars/workshops/ conferences and journals.
* To go for energy auditing of the department.
* To set up Entrepreneurship development cell.