B. A. MUSIC (VEENA)MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY
Price on request
B. A. MUSIC (VEENA)
The Mahatma Gandhi University offers B. A. MUSIC (VEENA) course to its students. The course structure is designed in keeping with the competencies required to excel today. The Brief Structure for it is as follows:
1. Sadhaka varisas - Sarali, Jhanta and Dhatu varisas, Swara pallavi, Tarasthayi varisas - all in three degrees of speed.
. Ability to render preliminary svara exercises
a. Sarali varisas
b. Janta varisas
c. Madhya stayi varisas1. Distinctive features of Indian music
2. Cultural,Intellectual,Emotional,Spiritual values of music
3. Technical terms and their explanations.
c. Svaram - Svara nomenclature
h. Tala -Sapta talas and their angas, shadangas.
4. Life sketch and contributions of the following vaggeyakaras
a. Purandaradasa and
b.Trinity (Thyagaraja,Muthuswamy Dikshitar,Syama Sastri)
1. Musical Instruments and their classification in general (in detail)
2. Detailed knowledge of the notation used in South Indian Music
3. Principal seats of Music
4. Folk music - out line knowledge of folk music in general, their characteristics, and its varieties
5.Ability to write in notation
a.Sapta tala alankaras
b. Geetams (as prescribed in practical paper)
2. Sapta tala alankaras - in 2 degrees of speed in the ragas 15, 21, 22, 29, 65, mohanam, hamsadvani and Sudhasaveri.
Mahatma Gandhi University, always in the forefront of the higher education sector of Kerala, is now restructuring the study Programmes.The revised structure and content of these courses intend to attain new heights and horizons of knowledge emerging in the various phases of life. This new and meaningful changes gives emphasis on student choice and self-learning. Choice based credit semester system is the main feature of the new system. This new system will provide ample space for qualitative transformation from the existing system.