B.P.Poddar Institute of Management and Technology (BPPIMT) was established in the year 1999, under the aegis of B.P.Poddar Foundation for Education, a Trust dedicated to enriching the quality of technical education in the country. The Institute was set up as a tribute to the memory of Late Badri Prasad Poddar, philanthropist and educationist and the founder of the B.P.Poddar Group.
The B.P. Poddar Institute of Managment & Technology was initially affiliated to the University of Kalyani (in the year 1999) and later on in the year 2001 as per the instruction of Govt. of West Bengal, the Institute was affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata. The courses offered are structured according to prevailing international standards. The Institute blends a dynamic and progressive approach to education with high quality, innovative and result oriented programmes which has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
* Creation of conducive learning atmosphere to inculcate Value based education
* Development of state of the art technology and making education responsive to changes
* Creation of effective interface with Industry and strengthening Industry-Institutional interaction and Entrepreneurship Development
* Promoting research activities and establishing linkage with National and International Institutes of repute
* Creating awareness for transfer of technology to rural mass