B.Sc Allied EntomologySt. Joseph's College of Arts & Science, Cuddalore
Price on request
Entomology is an introduction to insects and their allies. Topics include morphological and anatomical adaptations, evolution, classification, identification, ecology, social applications, epidemiology and medical applications. Laboratory and field activities include sampling, specimen preparation, identification and bionomical investigations.
Course objectives (Skills):
· Identify terrestrial arthropods to Class by visual inspection.
· Identify insects to Order by inspection, and identify common forms to Family.
· Be able to Identify unknown insects by use of standard taxonomic keys.
· Apply field-sampling techniques and carry out routine insect surveys.
· Collect, process, and prepare insect specimens for scientific study.
Make a study collection of insects to learn investigative techniques and identification skills.