B.Sc Costume Design & FashionKovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
The Department of Costume Design & Fashion provides an excellent contemporary fashion education. The course encourages individual creativity packed by a strong technical understanding. The course aims to equip the students with appropriate level of practical skills related to fashion. The students develop visual awareness, practical skills and knowledge in theory or design. The course also includes practical projects like construction, dyeing, printing, fashion illustration, portfolio presentation etc.,
The Students can excel in the field as a Fashion Designer, Merchandiser, Quality controller, supervisor, Color Matching Advisor etc.
Pattern Making Laboratory:
The Pattern making laboratory is well equipped with large number of tables, mannequins and dress forms of all sizes, where the students practice various patterns drafting and draping techniques.
Garment Construction Laboratory:
The Grament construction laboratory has a wide range of sewing machineries. It is also equipped with advanced machineries like over lock, flat lock and fashion maker.
Fashion CAD Laboratory:
The Fashion CAD Laboratory trains the students in enhancing their creativity in fashion designing with the help of software like Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and TUKA CAD for patten making, grading and lay planning.
Highlights and Achievements
* The Department Association named “SUAVE”.
* Our department students won second prize in Fashion Show held in Hindustan College of Arts and Science.
* Our department students Participated in an intercollegiate meet held in “Krishnammal College for women” and won II prize in Fashion show.
* Our department students Participated in Mehandi competition conducted by “Ramakrishna College for Women” and won I prize.
* Our department students Participated in Bridal make up in “Nandha arts & Science College” and won I Prize.
* Our department students Participated in a competition called Bejewelled in “Nandha arts & Science college” and won II prize.
* Our department students Participated in Face painting conducted by “CMS College of science and commerce” and won II prize.
* Our department conducted two days Painting workshop for all the students of Dr. N.G.P Arts & Science College.
* Our department conducted Four days workshop on advanced embroidery.
* Our department conducted One Day Exhibition called Mom & Me by the students .
* The department had conducted two days workshop on “Jewellery Making”
* Two days workshop on Soft Toy Making
* An exhibition cum sale called Fashion la Festa was organized by the students
* Three days workshop on Aari embroidery was conducted by the department
The department offers bachelor degree in Costume Design & Fashion