B.Sc Information TechnologyKovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
HSC with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics / Computer Science
The courses offered boast of a syllabus which is periodically revised /updated to incorporate the latest concepts and to enable the students to be on par with the needs of the industries. The existing infrastructure enables them to further their practical skills. Its greatest strength is its flexibility to the changing industry requirements. A student here is not only learning the newest technologies, but is also given sufficient industry exposure.
Information is "the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware." IT deals with the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and securely retrieve information.
Today, the term information technology has ballooned to encompass many aspects of computing and technology, and the term is more recognizable than ever before. The information technology umbrella can be quite large, covering many fields. IT professionals perform a variety of duties that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information databases. A few of the duties that IT professionals perform may include data management, networking, engineering computer hardware, database and software design, as well as the management and administration of entire systems. When computer and communications technologies are combined, the result is information technology, or "InfoTech".
Information Technology (IT) is a general term that describes any technology that helps to produce, manipulate, store, communicate, and/or disseminate information. ing, where molecular ecology forms the bridge between many of our diverse interests. The coming together of Biotechnology and informatics is paying rich dividends. Genome projects, drug design and molecular taxonomy are all becoming increasingly dependent on informatics. The cost of products through a biotechnological process is always less than that produced through a chemical synthetic route.
Highlights and Achievements
* The Department Association named “SPAZIOS”
* Produced 100% result in various subjects of Bharathiar University Examination.
* More than 80% students as passed with first class.
* Five of our faculties have completed M.Phil and three of our faculties are pursuing M.Phil.
* Our department has conducted Web Contest
* Three faculty members attended “National Seminar on Research Methodology in Computer Science and Engineering”.
* Three faculty members have attended and presented paper on “National level Conference on Recent Trends in Networking and Communication “.
* Certificate course in MS Office is conducted by our department faculties.
* Our students won the I place in “Debugging” Competition by “Kongu nadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore”.
* Our students won the I place in “Quiz “competition conducted by”Erode Arts College,Erode”.
* Our students won the II place in “Smart Talk “competition conducted by” Bharathidasan Arts and Sceince College,Erode”.
* Our students won the II place in “Marketing” Competition conducted by “Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Pollachi”.
* Our HOD, conducted a seminar on “Problem Solving in Physics” for school students in Kothagiri Public School.
The department offers bachelor degree in Information Technology.