B.Sc in MathematicsInstitute of Technical Education & Research
Price on request
B.Sc in Mathematics
The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than man which is the touch stone of the highest excellence, is to be found in Mathematics as in poetry.
Mathematics is constantly developing and yet the Mathematics of 2000 years ago in Greece and of 4000 years ago in Babylon would look familiar to a student of 21 st century.
In most sciences one generation tears down what another has built and the established ones are disproved. In Mathematics alone each generation builds a new story the old structure, noted Herman Henkel in 1984. Department of Mathematics of ITER, SOA University has a glorious past and promising future with the following salient features:
• A galaxy of talented as well as experienced academia backed by a number of experienced professors well-known in their respective fields.
• Utmost care in teaching for all types of students. Central library with a huge stock backed by e-library facility and a departmental library with computer facility, LAN etc.
• Research in various fields of interest enjoys equal importance side by side intensive teaching.
• Seminars, symposia and deliberations by eminent academician are given utmost importance for developing and encouraging interdisciplinary research.
• M.Tech Programme in computer science and data processing is actually supported by the department of Mathematics. All these features with constant encouragement and support by the management shall undoubtedly lead Mathematics department to emerge as a star Department in the University.
Mathematics being fundamental to all sciences and engineering disciplines, due emphasis is given to the understanding and problem solving and encourage the spirit of inquiry among the students.
All faculty members are actively engaged in research in the broad areas of Numerical Analysis, Fluid Dynamics, Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Operations Research, Optimization Theory, Statistical Analysis. Faculty members are also engaged in supervision of the Ph.D. work.
The department actively contributes to Master Degree Programme in Computer Science and Data Processing being run by the Computer Science and Engineering Department with an intake capacity of 18 students.