B.Sc in PhysicsInstitute of Technical Education & Research
Price on request
B.Sc in Physics
Basic Sciences provide an insight into the underlying principles and mechanism of the applied sciences. All engineering students undergo a two semester course in Physics. Emphasis is placed on the teaching of Optics, Quantum Mechanics, Solid State Physics, Materials and their Properties.
Electrical Engineering Materials and Physics of Semiconductor Devices are taught to B.Tech. students. Taking global scenario into consideration the department has taken initiative to introduce some new courses like "Introduction to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology" [for both B.Tech. and M.Tech. courses] and "Energy Science and Engineering" [for B.Tech students.
The faculty members are engaged in research and have published papers in national and international journals of repute. The field of interest includes Quantum LASER, High Temperature Superconductor, Spintronics Materials, Ceramics and Ferroelectric Materials, Computational Modeling, Nonmaterial compounds and Semiconductor devices. The Semiconductor Research Laboratory has been set up in the Department of Physics. Both computational as well as experimental works are being carried on in this laboratory. A project on "Preparation of oxide semiconductors thin films" has been sanctioned by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. This project is in collaboration with Department of Advanced Materials Characterizations, IMMT, Bhubaneswar. An in-house project of for initiation of research is going on in this laboratory.
• Emphasis is given to students' understanding problem solving and encourages the spirit of enquiry in them.
• The laboratory is well equipped and has a separate dark room for experiments in optics.
• The laboratory has adequate facilities to accommodate 60 students who are instructed on proper handling of apparatus and the procedure to be followed and precautions to be taken in doing the experiments.
• Experienced and well qualified faculty.
• The course is designed to make it engineering application oriented.
• The laboratory has adequate facilities to accommodate 60 students who are instructed on proper handling of apparatus, the procedure to be followed and precautions to be taken in doing the experiments.