B.Tech. Agricultural Information TechnologyTamilnadu Agricultural University
Price on request
The Horticultural College and Research Institute offers B.Tech. Agricultural Information Technology course to its students. Information Technology Services in India, as we know it today, represents the major share of IT exports. Indian IT services is growing at the annual growth rate of 29 % and it is estimated to reach over 300
billion USD by 2012 and it is expected that it would overtake commodity exports. Though a zillion of institutes are offering IT courses, this is the only program designed for Applied Information Technology.
More IT careers are available than there are qualified people in the service sector. The shortage will be greatest for Land use planners, lanscape ecologists, IT managers, eCommerce system designers, agricultural ERP specialists- the critical careers that our program focuses on.
• IT Services Facility Manager
• Biological Database Designer
• eLearning Specialist
• Commodity Trader
• ERP systems Manager
• Farm/Plantation Manager
• ECommerce Portal Manager
• Financial Analyst
• Supply chain Manager
• BPO Services Manager
• Crop Insurance Manager
• e-Governance Portal Designer
System of Active Learning
• Professional IT executives as visiting faculty
• Individual and group projects encouraged to gain competencies.
• Internship opportunities to provide with job experience
• Blended eLearning with classroom learning