B.Tech. HorticultureTamilnadu Agricultural University
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Mode of selection through Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination for regular candidates from Tamil Nadu • Industry sponsored candidate through registered members of agri-horti business consortium. • NRI candidates for direct admission • Overseas candidate can directly apply through their respective embassies. • Admission - June every year. • Classes by Third week of July.
The Horticultural College and Research Institute offers B.Tech. Horticulture course to its students. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is the top ranking and dynamic Agricultural University in India with focus on imparting entrepreneurial skills, management qualities and business acumen to the graduates of Agricultural Sciences. Horticultural College and Research Institute is the strong arm of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University providing horticultural technology besides creating world class horticulturists.
• TNAU is committed to tradition of excellence and innovations.
• Core competence to develop expertise in Hi-tech Horticulture.
• Ensures ample opportunity for individual industrial needs.
• Collaboration with the Faculty of Foreign Universities and Industries in the state of art technologies.
• Develops horticulturists with higher degree of self management, hard work and ethical values.
Cut flower industry
Dry flower industry
Tissue culture and Biotechnology
Fruit and Vegetable processing
Pharma crops processing
Organic / biodynamic farming
Orchard management consultant
• Credit based syllabus designed with the fusion of Horticultural Technology and Management.
• Smaller group strength of 20-30 students to facilitate effective guidance and discussions.
• Opportunities for onsite training.
• Features, lectures and seminars by corporate leaders enabling amalgamation of theoretical understanding with practical applications.
• High level of corporate involvement.
• Excellent ambience for learning and overall personality development.