B Tech in Material ScienceSharda University
In Greater Noida and Agra
Price on request
- At 2 venues
B.Tech. Material Science
· Materials Science encompasses the study of the structure and properties of any material, as well as using this body of knowledge to create new types of materials, and to tailor the properties of a material for specific uses.
· Progress in the use of materials has marked the civilization of mankind, from the Stone Age and Iron Age to our age of semiconductors and polymers. Materials science applies the analytical tools of physics as well as insights from chemistry and engineering .
· Studying materials science can be a bridge to a career in any of these emerging technologies like optoelectronics, nanofabrication, novel semiconductors, high temperature superconductors, and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) etc.
· Material science has career option in many fields such as Metal and alloy, ceramic, polymers, composites, semiconductor, biomaterial, concept and structure (R&D), Failure analysis etc.
· Materials Science Technology program provides education and real world experiences in a state of the art lab that prepares students for entry into many advanced manufacturing industries as a materials/composites technician, fabricator, or materials testing technician
Why Sharda University ?:
· Sharda University use modern education tools like learning management system (LMS), E-notes, E-lectures, E-libraries, etc.
· Sharda University shall provide you with application-based learning by conducting industrial visits, interaction with experts from industries, etc.
· Sharda University has introduced a fully flexible Credit Based Learning System which will in your multidimensional growth.
· The Clubs and societies within the university help student to work in research oriented environment with immediate updates to knowledge
· Sharda University has specialized research and development centre which has advance equipment and simulated lab environment for new development, inventions and research.
· 24X7 seamless Wi-Fi connection throughout the campus to provide continuous knowledge flow from all over the world with the help of 20 MBPS internet connection.
· Sharda University promotes sports and other co-curricular activities equally to distress and provide a healthy and pro growth ambience environment.
· As Sharda University has more than 20% of foreign faculty to provide you with the global and international knowledge, experience and skills.
· Tie-ups with leading research institutes, Govt. organizations and industries to encourage research & development new technologies within the University.
· Metal and alloy
· Concept and structure (R&D)
· Failure analysis
TYPICAL CAREER PATH:
Industrial engineering often overlaps with manufacturing engineering. With a similar focus on manufacturing processes, industrial engineers focus on the product development process and seek to constantly streamline and improve manufacturing techniques. Professionals working in this field often pursue advanced training in quality assurance and operations management. Industrial engineers find work in several industries, including manufacturing, technology, and service. As modern technology continues to advance, industrial engineers are applying manufacturing techniques to most other industries.
When a manufacturing company is having trouble addressing problems, they often hire a business consultant to offer advice and potential solutions. Successful engineering consultants are experts in particular niches or industries. Business consultants are able to look at problems objectively, formulate plans for improvement, and most importantly, effectively communicate with clients. Business consultants with degrees in manufacturing engineering are especially valuable to companies seeking to update and streamline production and assembly procedures. Knowledge of proven business and management principles is necessary for this career.
Operations Research Analyst
An operations research analyst studies processing and manufacturing procedures in order to determine areas for improvement and growth. Professionals in this field rely on extensive research and observation to make decisions and solve problems. Like a manufacturing engineer, operations research analysts are able to view the bigger picture of a production process in order to gauge how to make the individual components of the process cheaper and more efficient. Operations research analysts focus on the end result and continually try to improve their products. This type of position is found in various parts of the engineering industry, including manufacturing engineering and industrial engineering.
Engineering technicians apply scientific, mathematic, and engineering theories and methods to solve technical problems in various fields of engineering. Most engineering technician jobs require an associate's degree. Engineering technicians in the manufacturing industry generally assist more experienced engineering professionals in research, product design, manufacturing procedures and various related tasks. The function of an engineering technician generally involves practical and physical assignments, like using an engineer's plan to build a prototype of a product or utilizing computer assisted drafting tools to generate virtual models.
Engineering managers are experienced engineering professionals who are successfully able to combine their command of engineering technique and theory with excellent communication skills. In general, an engineering manager guides, oversees, and directs teams of engineers and is responsible for the productivity and results of her team. Many engineering managers work in the manufacturing industry, and a background in manufacturing engineering is a solid foundation for future engineers hoping to pursue this advanced career path.
Information Systems Managers
Systems managers develop, modify, and monitor information systems, which collect and track data and enable users to recall and pull up information quickly. Information systems managers have to keep up with constantly-changing computer technology and create plans to implement the latest technology on existing systems. In addition, they supervise teams of computer programmers, computer engineers and systems analysts. Information systems managers rely on their manufacturing engineering degrees constantly, in order to appropriately address the requirements of managing information systems.