B-Tech Mechanical Engg.G.L.Bajaj Institute of Technology & Management
Price on request
- Greater noida
B-Tech Mechanical Engg.
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines. Mechanical branch is known as evergreen branch in the field of engineering as the mechanical engineers are required for basic operations in almost every industry. Mechanical Engineering is an engineering discipline that involves the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, manufacturing, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
It is concerned with the principles of dynamics, kinematics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, energy, control and heat transfer. With the rapid advancement in technology, the importance of mechanical engineering has increased manifolds and it has become a core branch of engineering.
Mechanical engineers use the core principles as well as other knowledge in the field to design and analyze motor vehicles, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, watercraft, manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, robotics, medical devices and more. This department produces industry ready engineers. The department is equipped with state of the art laboratories and workshop to ensure that the students learn practical aspects of Engineering.
ABOUT LABORATORIES & WORKSHOP
The Department of Mechanical Engineering includes the following laboratories with modern and advanced equipments and software.
1. Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab.:
This lab deals with the study and experimentation of various refrigeration & air conditioning devices such as evaporators, condensers, expansion devices and air washers, etc. Major equipments in this lab include Vapour Compression Test Rig along with all modern Evaporators & Expansion devices, Air Conditioning Test Rig and Air Washer Test Rig etc.
2. Heat & Mass Transfer Lab.:
This lab deals with study and experimentation on various modes of heat transfer such as conduction, convection and radiation. Major equipments in this lab include Heat Exchanger, Composite Wall Apparatus, Pin fin Apparatus, Free & forced convection apparatus, etc.
3. Manufacturing Science Lab.: Study and experiments of various manufacturing techniques and cutting-tools are carried out. This lab consists of major equipments/Machines such as Conventional Lathe, Conventional Milling, Surface Grinder, Wooden Lathe, Injection Moulding Machine, Hand Press, Sheet bending apparatus, etc.
4. Machine Design Lab.: This lab gives the elementary knowledge of designing most common machine elements such as gears, springs, clutches, brakes, bearings and various I.C. Engine parts. The design is done as Adaptive Design. Software packages like AutoCAD, CATIA are used to design machine elements.
5. Fluid Machinery Lab.: Performance parameters of various hydraulic machines such as turbines, pumps and nozzles are measured in this lab. This lab consists of hydraulic machines like Pelton Wheel, Francis Turbine, Kaplan Turbine, Centrifugal Pump Test Rig, Reciprocating Test Rig, etc.
6. Dynamics of Machine Lab.: Experiments are carried out on various mechanical devices like governors, brakes, mechanisms, shafts, gyroscope and mass balancing of rotors.
7. Material Science & Testing Lab.: Various tests are carried out on materials to determine various properties of materials. Universal Testing Machine, Torsion Testing Machine, Hardness Testing Machine, Impact Testing Machine, Fatigue Testing Machine, Stiffness Testing Machine, Creep Testing Machine, Polishing Machine, Microscope, Muffle Furnace, etc.
8. Applied Thermodynamics Lab.: Experiments are carried out to find the performance parameters of I.C. Engines. Major equipments are 4-stroke Petrol Engine Test Rig, 4-stroke Diesel Engine Test Rig, 2-stroke Petrol Engine, etc.
9. Fluid Mechanics Lab.: Experiments are performed to find the behaviour and properties of flowing fluid as well as the flow rate is measured using various hydraulic devices like pitot tube, orifice meter, venturimeter, impact of jet, pipe friction, Meta-centric height, Notches & Weirs, Reynolds Apparatus, Surface Tension Apparatus, etc.
10. Workshop: This shop consists of various shops such as carpentary shop, machine shop, fitting shop, welding shop, sheet metal shop and smithy shop.
In addition, the following labs are also added :
CAD /CAM Lab
Material Testing Lab
Machine Drawing Lab
Measurement and metrology Lab
Material Science Lab
I.C Engine Lab
Manufacturing Science Lab