B.Tech in Mechanical EngineeringMohandas College of Engineering and Technology
Price on request
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering being one of the core branches of Engineering have driven the world of technology to excellence. Mechanical Engineering is the science and Art of forecast, design, development and control with innovative application of engineering and scientific principles. Being one of the fundamental branches of engineering, mechanical Engineering has its application in almost all the branches of engineering.
M-CET started the undergraduate B.Tech programme in mechanical engineering in the year 2005. The mission of our department is to equip professionals to cope up with the fast changing requirements of the world. We are committed to mould future leaders for the society whose vision is founded up on fundamental knowledge, analytical skills, creativity, perspective and ethics.
The four-year B-tech course in mechanical engineering contains well-organized scheme/ syllabi, which will provide a broad base to the students on which a successful carrier can be founded. The objective of this department is the excellence in technology by combining the basic knowledge with the groundbreaking support of workshop/lab practices.
The course cover all the core disciplinary areas of mechanical engineering including Dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, material science, production technology, mechanics of machines, automobile engineering etc.
Course content (2003 Scheme)
1. Fluid mechanics and machines lab
* Include study and various experiments on Flow measuring equipments, pumps, turbines etc.
2. IC Engine lab
* Study and experiments on internal combustion engine
* Determination of viscosity of lubricating oil, calorific value of fuel etc.
3. Thermal Engineering lab
* Study and performance analysis of compressor and blowers
* Study and test on refrigeration and air condition unit
* Study and analysis of heat exchangers etc.
4. Machine shop
* Study of lathe, shaper, planer, milling machine, drilling machine, grinding machine, slotting machine etc.
* Exercises involves, turning, shaping, milling, gear cutting etc
5. Mechanical Engineering lab
* Includes study, experiments and analysis in metallurgy, metrology and instrumental
6. CAD lab.
* Include the introduction to CAD packages and FEM packages.
7. Electrical Lab
* Include study and experiments on DC motor, DC Generator, Transformer, Synchrony mechanics etc.