BA IN HISTORYUniversity of Delhi
Price on request
- New delhi
BA IN HISTORY
Note on the Distribution, Choices and Units of the History Discipline
Course of the proposed New B.A. Programme.
1. Students opting for History as part of the B.A. Programme are
expected to do three papers out fo a total of six.
2. In each year they can choose between two papers. However each
student must take up at least one Non Indian history paper over the
three years, i.e. Cultural Transformations in Early Modern Europe
Or Issue in World History : The Twentieth Century.
3. To provide necessary choices to the students all colleges offering
the programme must offer all the six papers.
4. The six papers of the new B.A. History Discipline Course are to be
distributed across three years as follows.
Year I - History of India upto 8th Century/Cultures in Indian
Year II - History of India 8th - 18th Century/Cultural
Transformations in Early Modern Europe.
Year III- History - History of India 1750-1970/Issue in World
History : the Twentieth Century
5. Some of the papers have move than one unit. Where there are two
units students must answer at least two questions from each unit.
In papers with three units, students must answer at least one
question from each unit.
PAPER I : HISTORY OF INDIA UP TO EIGHTH CENTURY A.D.
PAPER II : Cultures in the Indian Subcontinent
PAPER III : History of India 8th Century to 18th Century
PAPER IV: Cultural Transformation in Early Modern Europe:circa
PAPER V-History of India 1750s-1970s
Issues in World History : The 20th Century