Bachelor of ArchitectureSinhgad Educational Society
Price on request
This is a 5 year degree course, affiliated to the University of Pune and approved by the Council of Architecture as well as the AICTE. The structure of Course for Bachelor of Architecture is as mentioned below.
First year of this course provides basic foundations in aesthetics, const. technology and design. It also aims at developing visualization and drafting skills..
1. Architectural Design I
2. Basic Design I
3. Building Construction & Materials I
4. Theory of Structures I
5. Architectural Drawing & Graphics I
6. History of Architecture and Human Settlement I
7. Workshop Practice & Model making I
This course continues setting up and consolidation of the foundations. The emphasis is on integration and application of basic subjects in design, where the focus is on climate responsive architecture.
1. Architectural Design II
2. Basic Design II
3. Building Construction & Materials II
4. Theory of Structures II
5. Architectural Drawing & Graphics II
6. History of Architecture & Human Settlements II
7. Building Services & Sciences I
This year introduces the advanced knowledge of the subjects of Const. Services, Structures, etc. The application of this knowledge in design of complex projects.
This year is aimed at increasing the depth and scope of knowledge in design and supporting subjects. New subjects are introduced as electives in three streams – Design management and .A dissertation is to be given by students on a architectural subject after conducting research on the same.
1. Architectural Design IV
2. Building Construction & Materials IV
3. Town Planning
4. Technology Elective (Term I)
5. Design Elective (Term I)
6. Management Elective (Term II)
7. Allied Elective (Term II)
The students undergo 6 months of practical training in a professional office aimed at providing them hands on experience. The students apply knowledge gained so far in a professional environment.
Design thesis is a culmination of knowledge and skills gained during 3 & 1/2 years of Architectural education. It is a spring board to the professional world.
1. Allied Elective II
2. Professional Practice
3. Contract Management
4. Architectural Project (Design Thesis)