Bachelor of CommerceMarian College kuttikkanam
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Admissions are open to candidates who have passed higher secondary or equivalent examinations under any branch of study in accordance with the rules and regulations of Mahatma Gandhi University and the Government of Kerala.
Consistent with the Marian Vision, Department of Commerce is also pursuing excellence in education by imbibing the spirit of college motto 'Information, Formation and Transformation'. The programme emphasises on strong foundation in therory and practice to make each student well fit for employment and higher studies. Practical exposure and emphasis on soft skills training make the course totally unique among the B.Com courses offered by other colleges.
Objectives of the Department
Department of Commerece in its relentless pursuit of excellence, has adopted the following objectives to achieve the college vision to become a transformational leader in education.
1. To impart superior quality commerce education with most modern teaching methods and state of the art facilities.
2. To provide maximum practical exposure to students to bridge the gap between the theory learned in the class room and practice done in the real life.
3. To train and develop the students with the much needed soft skills so that they are more competitive for employment and higher studies.
4. To inculcate and promote humane values in students to mould them as highly responsible citizens of tomorrow catering to the well being of each fellow being and the society at large.
5. To create a positive mindset that care for the upliftment of underprivileged and marginalised sections of the society.
The B.Com curriculum is developed by the Board of Studies, M.G.University. The traditional B.Com course offered by MG University is supplemented by many value additions to make the course more effective.
* Personality development classes for every batch conducted by trainers of international repute.
* Special training for communication skills, group discussion and interview skills.
* Regular seminars and workshops by eminant industrialists, educationalists and prominent alumini.
* Add on course in Tally, Taxation, Banking insurance and retail management and Health education.
* Remedial classes for English and othe subjects for resourse students.
* Scholarships and Financial Support to Financially weak students.
* Mentoring and counseling service to students.
* Greater exposure with lots of opportunities for organizing seminars, workshops, presenting seminars, doing project works, exhibition, debates, quizzes etc.
* ICT based curriculam transaction enabled by the state of the art facilities installed in each class room.
* Continuous monitoring of students performance through day by day reports and monthly self evaluation reports.
* Proper recognition of student achievements and involvements in all curricular and extra curricular activities.
English Paper I
English Paper II
(Malayalam, Hindi and French)
SUBJECTS: Fourteen papers, including twelve compulsory paper and one
optional group consisiting of two papers
PAPER I Business Statistics
PAPER II Banking Theory and Practice
PAPER III Business Laws
PAPER IV Financial Accounting
PAPER V Cost Accounting
PAPER VI Marketing Management
PAPER VII Computer Awareness and Application
PAPER VIII OPTIONAL - Computer Applications in Business
PAPER IX Corporate Accounting
PAPER X Principles of Business Decisions
PAPER XI Entrepreneurship Development and Management
PAPER XII Capital Market and Finacial Services
PAPER XIII Auditing
PAPER XIV OPTIONAL II Computer Aplications in Business II
ADD ON COURSES