Bachelor of Home ScienceNorth Gujarat University
Price on request
The North Gujarat University offers various courses, Bachelor of Home Science being one of them.
The course carriculum is as follows:
FIRST YEAR :
ELEMENTARY PHYSICS : PHY
(1) Venire calipers
(2) Screw gauge
(4) Boyel's law
(5) To find out specific gravity of substances.
(6) Determination of surface tension of different solutions using stegnel meter.
(7) Law of parallelogram of forces.
(8) To find out magnetic line of forces of a bar magnet with the help of compass needle.
(9) To find out natural points on magnetic axis of bar magnet.
(10) To find out natural points on equational line of bar magnet.
(11) Tools and accessories used in house wiring.
(12) Ohm's law.
(13) To prepare A. C., D.C., circuits wiring using P. V. C. and without pvc pipe.
(14) To prepare a fuse, to construct a electric heater with the help of material supplied.
(15) Spectrometer its study and finding out different angles.
(16) To study reflection through concave mirror.
(17) To study refraction through convex lense.
(18) Study of refraction through prism.
GENERAL CHEMISTRY CHE
(1) Chemical balance and its use knowledge of general apparatus used in Chemistry laboratory.
(2) Titration of acid and base.
1. Weak acid-strong base
2. Strong acid-weak base
3. Strong acid-strong base
(3) Qualitative analysis of inorganic compounds with one caption and one anion.
(4) Qualitative analysis of organic compound.
(5) Determination of melting point of the organic compound.
(6) Determination of boiling point of some of the organic compounds.
(7) Element detection of nitrogen, Sulpher, Chlorine, Bromine on the given organic compound
(8) Precaution of soap and detergent.
(9) Preparation of Shampoo, Balm, Vaseline and cold cream.
GENERAL BIOLOGY BIO
1. Study of compound microscope
2. Study of typical flowering plant.
3. Study of flower.
4. Study of plant tissue slides
5. Study of animal tissue slides
6. T. S. of sunflower stem, sunflower root
7. T. S. of maize stem Maui root.
8. L. S. of cucurbit stem
9. Preparation of Onion cell slide.
10. Identification of different worms.
11. Identification of different insects.
12. Identification of pests.
13. Classification of plant kingdom
14. Methods of plant propagation. Layering, grafting, budding by seeds.
15. Study of slide of malarial parasite.
INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY STUDIES H. D.
INTRODUCTION TO TEXTILES AND CLOTHING CONSTRUCTION C. T.
INTRODUCTION TO NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCE F. N.
INTRODUCTION TO FAMILY RESOURCE AND FINANCE MANAGEMENT
SECOND YEAR HOME SCIENCE:
-ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS & STATISTICS
-PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIOLOGY
-HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY AND HEALTH CARE AND FIRSTED
-GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT DURING EARLY AND LATE CHILDHOOD AND -CHILD GUIDANCE
-KID'S APPEAL AND SOFT TOYS
-FAMILY HOUSING & HOME FURNISHING
-INTRODUCTION OF HOME SCIENCE, EXTENSION EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION METHOD AND MEDIA(
)THIRD YEAR HOMESCIENCE:
-POPULATION EDUCATION AND WOMEN'S STUDIES
-COSTUME DESIGNING AND WOVEN TEXTILE
-MEAL MANAGEMENT AND DIET THERAPY
-HOUSE KEEPING AND HOUSE HOLD EQUIPMENTS
-PRELIMINARY TRAINING IN PROJECT FORMULATION AND ROLE OF HOME SCIENCE IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT