Bachelor of PhysiotherapyTHE OXFORD EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
# Pass in the Pre University examination conducted by the Karnataka Pre-University board or equivalent examination with English and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects. # Candidates should have scored at least 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics Chemistry and Biology. For SC/ST candidate, the minimum marks for Admission 40% in the qualifying subjects.
There is an ever-growing demand for Physiotherapist not only in India, but also in USA, Europe, and Australia is no secret. Whether the daily aches and pains of the housewife, the neck pains of the IT professionals, the joint pains of the aged, or the serious accidents that come our way, Physiotherapy has an important place in every hospital and rehabilitation centres all over the world. It holds the keys to rehabilitate cases of paralysis, fractures, muscle pains deformities etc., by promoting good health and using therapeutic modalities and exercises.
Physiotherapy is a science where ailments are assessed, diagnosed and treated by physical agents like heat, cold, sound, light and exercise. A truly wholistic approach is adapted in out rehab programs that extend in specialties in Orthopedics (bone, muscle and ligament), Neurology (brain, spinal cord & nerves), Cardio thoracics (heart and lungs), Pediatrics (children), Sports (Sport Injuries) and Women's health (OBG) & Community Based Rehabilitation.
Being a dynamic profession, Physiotherapy includes the maximum use of confidence, wisdom, determination and creativity. What better instruments to cure than our two God given Hands!!!
THE B.P.T (BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY) COURSE:
* The B.P.T Course of the Oxford college of Physiotherapy is a full time 4 years degree course recognized by the Government of Karnataka and our college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course meets the University's stipulated requirements recongised by IAP.
* The B.P.T Course goes beyond mere academics prepares you to become a full-fledged professional physiotherapist.
* Besides the curriculum, emphasis is laid on personality development that will shape you to fit most suitably in the Medical profession and be an asset to the modern society.
* The Education and Training received here will enable you to face to all challenges of this profession with confidence and lead you to success.
* The Infra structure provided is of the most modern and unique type, which is highly useful to give the best of theoretical and practical training to the students. Well-ventilated classrooms are fully equipped with modern teaching aids suited to provide excellent teaching and training.
The Syllabus of the B.P.T. Course follows the pattern prescribed by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health and Science, Bangalore. A Number of subjects are prescribed for study to complete the course. Except a few topics specifically mentioned, all the others are included for University Examination.
1. Human Anatomy
2. Physiology and Therapeutic Physiology
4. Medical Electronics
5. Computer Application
8. Biomechanics of human motion
10. First Aid Nursing*
11. Orientation of Physiotherapy*
12. Clinical Orientation*
4. Therapeutics (Exercise Therapy)
7. Management including research Methodology and ethics*
8. Clinical Training*
1. Clinical Orthopedics
2. General Medicine incl. Cardio thoracic conditions
3. General Surgery incl. Cardio thoracic conditions
4. Community Medicine
5. Neurology and Neurosurgery
6. Clinical Training
1. Physiotherapy (P.T.) in Orthopedics
2. P.T. in Neurology and Neurosurgery
3. P.T. in General Medicine incl. Cardio thoracic conditions
4. P.T. in General Surgery incl. Cardio thoracic conditions
5. Community Based Rehabilitation
6. Allied Therapeutics
7. Clinical Training