BACHELOR IN SOCIAL WORKKannur University
Price on request
The Kannur University offers BACHELOR IN SOCIAL WORK course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
1. Philosophy and Concept of Social Work.
2. History of Social Work in India, Europe and U.S.A.
3. Introduction to Social Work.
a. Definition / Objectives
b. Functions of Social Work
c. Values of Social Work
d. General Principles of Social Work.
4. Introduction to three direct methods of Social Work.
5. Introduction to Case work – problem solving process :
b. Fact finding.
c. Study, Analysis and assessment.
d. Contract for work.
e. Interventions (Treatment).
6. Application of system Approach:
a. Client System
b. Target System.
c. Change Agent System.
d. Action System.
7. Principles of Case work.
8. Group Work Process.
9. Stages of Group Development.
10. Problem Solving Techniques/ Tools :
a. Interview techniques.
b. Home visits.
c. Conduction Meetings.
d. Recording – Types and its usefulness.
e. Programme Planning
11. Basic attitudes of a Professional Social Worker.
12. Awareness of self and effect of Worker’s personality on problem –solving.
13. Relationship – its different phases.