BBA Introduction to Modern BusinessPunjab Technical University
Price on request
- New delhi
BBA Introduction to Modern Business
Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar was established in January 1997 for advancement of technical education & development. The University has under its affiliation 40 Engineering colleges,56 Management, 17 Pharmacy colleges ,6 Architecture 2 Hotel Management and 13 colleges imparting courses in Medical Lab Technolgy& IT disciplines. The University has an intake of more than 12700 and total strength of more than 60,000 approx. University has established 12 Regional Centres for M-Tech courses and has established school of Enterprennership 2 TQM as Mohali.
The Indian Business System: Forms of business organizations and ownership: sole proprietorships, partnerships, Joint stock companies: Public & Pvt. Cos. Public Management and its various functions Nature and scope organizational objectives, management by objectives (MBO), functions of planning: nature and purpose, types, steps in planning decision making; process
2. Organizing: Nature, importance, the organizing process, formal and informal organization, and organization chart, organizing principles, span of management: factors determining effective span, Graicunas formula. Departmentation: definition, departmentation by function, by territory, product/service customer group, matrix organization, vertical and horizontal coordination.
3. Authority: Definition, types, responsibility and accountability. Delegation; definition, steps in delegation, obstacles to delegation and their elimination. Decentralization v/s centralization, determinants of effective decentralization, control of decentralization.
4. Staffing: Definition, manpower management, factors affecting staffing, job design, selection process, and techniques. Performance appraisal: need and process.
5. Leading: Motivation, hierarchy on needs theory, theory of X and theory of Y. Leadership: styles, types, theories of leadership: trait approach and situational approach, theory Z, job enrichment and job enlargement. Committees' nature, merits and demerits. Ways to make committees work.
6. Communication: Importance, process, barriers and breakdown of communication.
7. Controlling: Control process, types, the job of controller, barriers to control making control successful. Control techniques; budget and non-budgetary control devices. Challenges created by information technology. Social responsibility, Business ethics.