Biosciences: Journey into the Cell - Taylor's UniversityOpen Learning
What you'll learn on the course
In this course you will explore the journey into the cell. Here you will be able to understand some core concepts of cell biology such as cell membrane, cytoskeleton, cell trafficking and cell signaling.
This course is targeted to secondary school levers however anyone can register into thiscourse and participate in the activities.
Learners are expected to review the lesson in form of video/pdf/ppt slides and participate in the course activities in forum, practice orquiz in order to receive the certificate of completion.
If you have pre-registered before the start date, you will be able to see the content, but you can't click to view any of the content until the start date.
At the end of the lesson, learners will be able to:
• Relate the characteristics of lipid bilayer with the membrane
• Describe the fluid mosaic model and proteins
• Contrast the different types of cytoskeleton components
• Relate types of molecular motor proteins and their function
• Describe the mechanism of formation and fusion of vesicles
• Describe the different types of cell signaling