Building Mobile Websites with Wordpress TrainingCareerVision Training
£ 72 - (Rs 5,870)
- Birmingham (England)
What you'll learn on the course
• Format: DVD or Download
• Duration: 3.75 Hours (60 lessons)
• Instructor: Geoff Blake
• Platform: Windows PC or Mac
• Date Released 20-03-2013
In this WordPress Mobile Development training course from Geoff Blake, you will learn how to create websites using WordPress that look great no matter what device or screen size you are viewing them with. Responsive web design allows you to build and maintain one website, but have it respond according to the device that it is being viewed on. This tutorial will show you how to create a responsive website by way of customizing a WordPress template. Some experience and familiarity with WordPress and CSS is suggested in order for you to get the most out of this training.
The core of responsive design lies in media queries, and that is where Geoff starts you off. You will learn how to setup media queries using CSS to detect what styles to apply to your website, based on the resolution of the device that is accessing the page. The training videos will show you how to create your high, medium and low resolution designs using wireframing, and then how to hand code each of those designs in WordPress, creating a website that responds to all kinds of mobile devices.
By the time you have completed this computer based training course for mobile website design with WordPress, you will have a clear understanding of how to modify WordPress templates to make your site responsive to a wide variety of resolutions and devices. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Benefits of this Software Training:
• Tuition by expert tutors.
• Narrated training videos demonstrate the key tools and professional techniques
helping you to work faster and smarter.
• Learning is fast as the trainers guide you using simplistic terms and minimal jargon.
• Personal Tutoring - Step-by-step video training from your own desktop.
Delivered via DVD/CD training or online tuition.
• The tutor transfers knowledge to you quickly and effectively.
• All the concepts of each application are explained clearly and precisely.
• Course works on PC and Mac.
• Alternative to a boring book or manual and expensive training courses,
seminars and amp; classes.
• Jump to and from lessons - learn at your own pace.
• The visual and practical nature shortens the learning curve compared to standard
The first 3 chapters are available for free viewing. Click on the links below to get started.
00. Free Videos From This Course A Look At What We Will Build About Geoff Blake Setting Up The Low Resolution Media Query Setting Up The High Resolution Media Query Formatting The Slideshow Adjusting The Loop Getting Started With The High Resolution Formatting Getting Started With The Navigation Menu 01. Getting Set Up 0101 Welcome 0102 A Look At What We Will Build 02. Responsive Design Basics 0201 A Note About Geoffs Setup 0202 Installing An Empty WordPress Theme 0203 Creating Pages 0204 Creating Posts 0205 Setting Permalinks And Getting Images Organized 0206 Setting Up The Low Resolution Media Query 0207 Testing The Low Resolution Media Query 0208 Setting Up The Medium Resolution Media Query 0209 Testing The Medium Resolution Media Query 0210 Setting Up The High Resolution Media Query 0211 Testing The High Resolution Media Query 03. Building The HTML Structure 0301 Building The Header Structure - Part One 0302 Building The Header Structure - Part Two 0303 Setting The Body Structure 0304 Adjusting The Loop Structure 0305 Setting The Footer Structure 04. Wireframing The High Resolution Layout 0401 Getting Started With The High Resolution Layout 0402 Applying Formatting To The Master Container 0403 Setting Properties For The Layout Header 0404 Formatting The Main Navigation Menu 0405 Formatting The Slideshow 0406 Setting Up The Content Boxes 0407 Applying Formatting To The Loop 0408 Finishing Off With The Footer 05. Wireframing The Medium Resolution Layout 0501 Setting Up The Medium Resolution Layout 0502 Formatting The Header And Navigation Menu - Part One 0503 Formatting The Header And Navigation Menu - Part Two 0504 Applying Formatting To The Slideshow 0505 Setting The Content Box Formatting 0506 Adjusting The Loop 0507 Finalizing With The Footer 06. Wireframing The Low Resolution Layout 0601 Getting Started With The Low Resolution Layout 0602 Setting Up The Master Container 0603 Formatting The Layouts Header 0604 Adjusting The Main Navigation Menu 0605 Formatting The Content Boxes 0606 Applying Formatting To The Loop 0607 Finishing Up With The Footer 07. Initial High Resolution Formatting 0701 Getting Started With The High Resolution Formatting 0702 Applying Formatting To The Navigation Menu 0703 Formatting The Content Box Contents 0704 Controlling The Loop Headers 0705 Formatting The Content Boxes 0706 Formatting The Footer Text 08. Initial Medium Resolution Formatting 0801 Getting Started With The Navigation Menu 0802 Formatting The Slideshow 0803 Formatting The Content Boxes 0804 Finishing Up With The Blog Loop Formatting 09. Initial Low Resolution Formatting 0901 Formatting The Main Navigation Menu 0902 Formatting The Content Boxes 0903 Formatting The Loop Area 10. Adding Graphics 1001 Getting Started With The Header 1002 Setting Up And Adjusting The Slideshow 1003 Adding A Background Graphic To The Content Boxes 1004 Adding Content Box Header Graphics 1005 Adjusting The Low Resolution Header Graphics 11. Wrapping Up 1101 Thanks For Watching 1102 About Geoff Blake