Certificate Course in Comprehensive Jewellery DesigningJewellery Design & Technology Institute
Price on request
This certificate programme in jewellery designing has been specially formulated for aspiring jewellery designers. You will learn how to create and communicate a design idea through various presentation techniques, understand the evolution of jewellery and the present day market needs. You will also learn about the usage of different gemstones. This will help to bridge the gap between the needs of the consumer and the manufacturer by using commercially viable and creative designs.
To further enhance your knowledge, you will be attending a one-week workshop demonstrating different manufacturing techniques as well as lectures by well established jewellery professionals.
- Visualisation & Representation techniques and Freehand object drawing
- Geometry of design
- Philosophy of colour
- Visual Studies : Exploration of Forms and Textures
- Introduction of Metallurgy covering all precious metals
- Design Methodology
- Design Process and Prototyping in paper
- Presentation on Traditional Indian Jewellery
- Visit to the Crafts and National Museums.
- Knowledge of Gems
- Presentation Techniques I : Basic 3D Drawing, Stone Rendering, Metal Rendering using different media.
- Presentation Techniques II : Basic Technical Drawing including Isometry, Orthography and Perspective drawing.
- Presentation Techniques III : Advanced Rendering of faceted & phenomena stones
- Presentation Techniques IV : Advanced Technical Drawing
- Market Research : Understanding different Jewellery Markets.
- Design Project based on Market Research.
- Window Display and Packaging.
- 3 day visit to Jaipur
- Computer Aided Jewellery Designing (CAD)
- Lectures by experts in the field of Jewellery.
- One-week workshop covering lectures and demonstrations of different jewellery manufacturing techniques.
- Final design project I : This design project prepares the students for the commercial domestic market.
- Final design project II : The students design a range of jewellery products keeping in mind the unique styles they have developed during the course.