Certificate Course in Experimental High Temperature SuperconductivityChrist University
Price on request
Certificate Course in Experimental High Temperature Superconductivity
– occurrence of superconductivity
– destruction of superconductivity
– Persistent current
- Meissner effect
– Thermodynamics of superconducting transitions – Type I and typeII superconductors
- origin of energy gap
– Isotope effect
– London equations
– penetration depth
– coherence length.
Elements of BCS theory
– Cooper pair
- Flux quantization
- Josephson effect
– High temperature superconducting oxides
– Structures of La-Ba-Cu-O system, Y-Ba-Cu-O system and Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system. Experimental techniques – sample preparation methods – solid state reaction – stoichiometry – X- ray diffraction methods – analysis of X-ray diffractogram – Four-probe method of resistance measurement - determination of Tc – Susceptibility measurement - Tc measurement by Colpitt’s oscillator method. 15 hrs
1. Resistivity measurement by four probe method.
2. Preparation of Y1Ba2Cu3O7-x superconductor by solid state reaction method.
3. Tc measurement by four probe / Colpitt’s oscillator method (using liquid nitrogen cryostat).
4. X-ray diffractogram analysis (calculation of cell parameters)