Certificate Course in Human Rights and Duties EducationGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Minimum educational qualification required for the admission to this Certificate Course will be 10+2 level of Punjab School Education Board or any Board equivalent thereto.
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Education offers Certificate Course in Human Rights and Duties Education course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
HUMAN RIGHTS IN RELATION TO SOCIETY
- Emergence of Human Rights in Society from ancient to the modern times.
- Basic Concepts – Individual, group, state, civil society, freedom, equality, justice,
violence, counter violence.
- Universal declaration of Human Rights(1948) and its impact on constitution of
‘Developed Country’ (USA) and Developing Country’ (India).
- Social stratification; racial and caste prejudice and discrimination; Human Rights
issues of weaker sections and minorities in Indian democratic set up.
OUR DUTIES IN RELATION TO SOCIETY
- Identification of Human duties in society, from ancient to the modern times.
- Duties towards Self
Environment and society at large; international citizenship.
- Impact of Social Structure on Human behaviour.
Conflicts in Duty performance. Occurrence of conflicts at individual level,
organizational work place level.
Causes of these conflicts
Suggestions for resolving conflicts and better duty performance at different levels
– individuals, organization