Certificate Course in Insurance and Risk ManagementGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Economics and Business offers Certificate Course in Insurance and Risk Management course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Paper-I : Office organization and Management-I
• Definition of risk and uncertainty, classification of risk, sources of risk-external and internal.
• Insurance-meaning, Nature and significance, essential requirement and principles of risk insurance, evolution of insurance, role and importance of insurance.
• Contracts of insurance, principles and scope of insurance, various policies of L.I.C., G.I.C. and other private sector companies. Rationale the opening up of the insurance sector to the private sector
• Insurance legislation in India.
i) Insurance Act, 1938
ii) Life Insurance Act, 1956
iii) Marine Insurance Act, 1963
iv) General Insurance Business (Nationalisation Act, 1972)
v) The Insurance Regulatory and Dev. Authority Act, 1999)
vi) Insurance Regulatory and Dev. Authority (Obligation of Insurers to rural or social sector). Regulations 2000.
vii) Insurance Regulatory & Dev. Authority (Insurance Advertising & Disclosures) Regulations 2000.
viii)Insurance Regulatory & Dev. Authority (Licensing of Insurance Agents Regulations 2000)
ix) Insurance Regulatory & Dev. Authority (Protection of Policy Holders Interest Regulations 2002)
• Life Insurance : Nature of Life insurance contact, classification of policies, Annuities, selection of Risk, calculation of premium, treatment of substandard risk, the reserve, Investment of funds, Surrender value, valuation and surplus, policy conditions, Life insurance for the under privileged, progress of life business of LIC.