Certificate Course in Orthopaedic SurgeryAligarh Muslim University
Price on request
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery became an independent department on 25th November, 1981 after being separated from the Department of Surgery. Since its inception, the department is rendering adequate and commendable services to all kind of orthopaedic patients. Presently, there are three units with two consultants in each. Annual OPD attendance had been around 45,000 in the year 2008. The number of major elective operations and emergency operations, performed in the year 2008, were 1,120 and 1,715 respectively.
Apart from imparting undergraduate and postgraduate orthopaedic training, the department also runs a three year course of Diploma in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation under the aegis of the Centre of Professional Courses, AMU Aligarh.
Surgical: Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Joint Replacement, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Oncology and Arthroscopy.
Operation Theatres: Two major elective OT and one emergency OT (working round the clock), are modern and well equipped. C-Arm Image Intensifier is available in each theatre.
Ward (in-patient): 90 bedded orthopaedic wards, which includes a female ward, a male ward and a trauma ward.
Unit I (Prof. A. A. Iraqi & Dr. Latif Zafar Jilani) Wednesday & Friday
Unit II (Prof. M.K.A. Sherwani & Dr. A.Q. Khan) Tuesday & Saturday
Unit III (Dr. Mohd. Zahid & Dr. Aamir Bin Sabir) Monday & Thursday
Details about seminar library, computer labs, other labs and facilities in the department
1. 90 seated, air conditioned Seminar room with LCD projection and two-way communication facility from operation theatres, for live demonstration of surgery, required during the organisation of workshops and symposia.
2. Conference Room and Seminar Library with 234 books & 215 Journals.
3. Seven desk-top computers with wireless and cable internet connectivity, available for all the students and also teachers.
4. Laptops and LCD projectors are available for teaching the undergraduate and postgraduates.
5. Facility for fast wireless internet connectivity is available in OPD (for postgraduates).