Certificate Course in Pharmaceutical ManagementGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University offers Certificate Course in Pharmaceutical Management course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Part I : Chemical Process Economics
Factors involved in project cost estimation, methods employed for the estimation of capital investment. Capital formation, elements of cost accounting. Interest and investment costs, time value of money-equivalence. Depreciation, methods of determining depreciation, taxes. Some aspects of marketing, pricing policy. Profitability criterion economics of selecting alternatives. variation of cost with capacity, break even point. Optimum batch sizes, production scheduling etc.
Part II : Industrial Organisation
Concepts of scientific management in industry. Functions of management, decision making, planning, organising, directing and control. Location of industry. Materials management. Inventory control. Management of human resources-selection, incentives welfare and safety.
Pharmaceutical packaging :- introduction, package selection, packaging materials, ancillary materials, packaging machinery, quality of packaging materials.
Historical background and development of Pharmaceutical Industry in India in brief. Pharmacopies development of Indian Pharmacopies and introduction to B.P, U.S.P., E.P.N.F and other important Pharmacopies. Introduction to various types of formulations and roots of administration. Aseptic conditions, need for sterilization, various methods of sterilization.
1. Demostration of various Pharmaceutical packing materials, quality, quality control test. For some material aluminium strips, cartons, glass bottles.
2. Limits tests for :
a. Chlorine, heavy metals, arsenic etc. of two representative bulk drugs.
3. Demonstration of various pharmaceutical products.
4. Active ingrdient analysis of types of formulations representing different methods of analysis – acidimetry, alkalimetry, non aqueous complexometry, potentiometry.
5. Determination of sulphate ash, loss on drying and tests for drugs.
6. Complete I.P. Monograph of three drugs representing variety of testing methods.
7. Evaluation of crude – drugs – microscopic examination. Determination and identification of starch granules, calcium oxalate.