Certificate Course in PuppetrySri Aurobindo Centre for Arts & Communication
Price on request
- New delhi
Puppetry is perhaps one of the most ancient mediums of storytelling. Over the years the form itself might have become more sophisticated and complex, its aura and magic still connects to children and adult alike. Even in its simple form such as moving shapely shadows or just a couple of shoes stuck to a rod can create amazing characters with which one can tell fantastic stories. Puppetry as a medium teaches us how to communicate with simple movement of simple objects weave stories which will be memorable.
This Puppetry course has been designed to make you understand the story telling techniques those have been present even before the advent of words, scripts, photographs and cinema. This course has been designed by Puppeteer Dadi Pudumjee who has made pioneering efforts in Modern Puppetry in India. Dadi Pudumjee and his team of puppeteers will assist you in developing a production while you learn the basics of storytelling and puppet making such as animation of puppets, voice, music and movement coordination with puppets and actors/human body. The idea is to explore various media at hand to tell our stories.
This Puppetry course is excellent for children above 6 years so as it works as tool for non-formal learning and creative faculty building for their young minds. It can work excellently during summer and other breaks when the children are usually less stressed from academic pressure and have ample time to do other things. This Puppetry workshop charges includes the cost of basic raw material needed for making basic puppets.
Broadly, the following are the course contents:
* Broadly, the following are the course contents:
* Introduction to puppetry, through lec' dem', with films both from India and abroad
* Puppetry as conventionally known and also its abstract and expressive forms
* Puppetry as entertainment and as a tool of social awareness programs
* Exploring ideas of form, colour, animation, of objects
* Creating images from written text, music, or from world around us
* Create puppets, in the glove, rod or shadow techniques depending upon theme
* Animation of puppets, voice, music and movement coordination
* Small performance at the end in front of an audience