Certificate Course in Web TechnologiesGOVERNMENT CITY COLLEGE
Price on request
Certificate Course in Web Technologies
In 1929, the school was upgraded to a college and was named as "City College". It became a constituent college of Osmania University. Consequent to the abolition of the Intermediate course (F.A) in Osmania University in the year 1956, the Pre-University Course (P.U.C) was introduced. The B.Sc courses were introduced in 1962 and the institution was named as "City Science College". City College was taken over by the Government from Osmania University in 1965 and was renamed as "Government City Science College".
In 1967, B.A and B.Com courses were added and the college became "Government City College". In the year 1986, Electronics subject was introduced in B.Sc. In 1997, Industrial Microbiology, a vocational course sponsored by UGC was introduced. In 1998, it took the lead in introducing socially relevant restructured courses such as Biotechnology, Biochemistry, B.Sc (Computer Science), B.Com (Computer Applications), B.A Tourism and Travel Management, B.A Office Management. Post Graduate courses, M.Sc Biotechnology (2001) and M.Sc Mathematics (2003), are introduced.
The academic ambience of the institution is enhanced by the exemplary achievements of its outstanding Alumni. Union Cabinet Ministers like Sri Shivaraj Patil, Sri P. Siva Shanker, Chief Ministers like Sri S.B. Chavan, Sri Veerendra Patil and Marri. Chenna Reddy and several Vice-Chancellors, Doctors, Engineers, Scientists, Lawyers, Defence Personnel, Olympians, Arjuna Awardees, Padmashree recipients have been students of this august institution, continuously inspiring the succeeding generations to follow in their path and achieve greater laurels.
1. To provide higher education to students from all sections of society.
2. To provide opportunity to faculty members to update their knowledge, teaching and research skills.
3. To empower the students with appropriate skills to face the challenges of a competitive job market.
4. To serve the educational needs of the disadvantaged sections.
5. To promote the spirit of research among the advanced learners.
6. To encourage all round personality development of the students.
7. To inculcate moral values and commitment to society among the students.
8.To provide infrastructure and learning resources to all the constituents of the college.