Certificate in Music Therapy(PART TIME)Mumbai Educational Trust Bandra
Price on request
Certificate in Music Therapy
MET presents India's first ever educational programme in Music Therapy. Based on the therapeutic understanding of traditional music, ayurveda principle and modern technique of sounds. This Certificate Program in Music Therapy will enable professionals with knowledge of music, musicians, vocalists and medical professionals to discover the power of music as medicine to cure diseases.
The Certificate in Music Therapy, is a specialised programme that aims to train individuals to use music for health benefits and holistic living. Based on some of the most extensive research conducted under the guidance of Pt. Shashank Katti, this programme will take you to the grass roots level and equip you to use unconventional method of Music Therapy to cure ailments.
1. Historic event about musical miracles and its conclusion (about Tansen, Vikramaditya)
2. Modern inventions (an experiment about neurohormonal secretions)
3. Mood elevation theory and application of music as therapy
4. Sound Waves, Binaural beats, Entrainment of brain, Concept of Sur, Control of mind on body through brain, Brain waves, States of brain frequencies, Primary knowledge about functioning of brain. Relaxation, Meditation, Sleep, Hyper activity etc. Entrainment of mind and Generation of feelings resulting in Entrainment of brain
5. Few Ragas for study
6. Coordination of Ayurvedic and principles with Indian Classical Music
7. Stress management, Definition of stress, Positive stress, Negative stress, Moods of ragas and their application on different stress related problems
8. Sound waves, Propagation of sound, Pitch and Waveforms, Beats, Phase difference, Structure of ear and process of hearing
Ability of knowing and singing or playing different Surs. Few Alankars (paltas), Taals like Teentaal, Ektaal, Rupak.
Following Ragas with few alaps and one Madhya laya gat or bandish.
1. Hindol 2. Todi 3. Puriya Dhanashree 4. Miya Malhar 5. Darbari Kanada
6. Madmad Sarang 7. Jonpuri 8. Bageshree 9. Madhuvanti 10. Yaman
Listening sessions of these ragas including practical training considering the therapy angle.