Certificate in PersianAligarh Muslim University
Price on request
Persian that had been introduced in the South Asian Sub-Continent as an administrative vehicle at the end of tenth century A.D. continued as Official cultural and literary language of India for about seven centuries. During this sojourn it brought all aspects of Indian Society including the regional languages and literature under its impact. Persian language and culture by making inroads among the local populace gradually culminated in to a composite culture and single nation of Hindu Muslim blend. This pervasive role of Persian is not only discernable in Indo-Persian Literature but also in history, culture, architecture, painting and various archival materials.
The Department of Persian at A.M.U. in its spirit of academic enterprise besides the study of language, literature and literary styles has also through out been making and will continue to make un-stinting efforts through interdisciplinary approach to enrich the study of Indo-Persian culture an important aspect of Ideology and our national legacy with the following aims and objective:
1. Study of Indian Religion.
2. Study of mediaeval Indian Architecture and its brilliant qualities.
3. Study of Mediaeval Indian culture as an age of innovation and renaissance.
4. Study of blend of Muslim and Hindu social traditions and elements.
5. Sociological and cultural study of the Indo-Persian literature.
6. Critical Editions of the MSS related to the Indian History, culture and Indo-Persian literature and their English translations.
7. Study of the contribution of India to Mediaeval Medical Science and astronomy.
8. Study of Indo-Persian literature and its impact on other regional languages and literature of India, such as Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi etc.
9. Modern Persian language and literature to strengthen the Indo-Iran, cultural, political and commercial literature.