Certificate Programme in Resource Mobilization & ManagementS.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
Frequent Asked Questions
This Program is meant for staff, volunteers and individuals from any nationality, involved in Fund Raising & Resource Management activities in the social sector. * Bachelor's Degree in any discipline * Experience of either 2years fulltime, or 3 years as a volunteer in social sector. * Basic Computer literacy * Fluency in the English language * Good Communication Skills
The number of organizations seeking to mobilize resources & raise funds has grown rapidly in the last few years.
International donors, private foundations and international NGOs have all been decentralizing their operations and there have been dramatic shifts in thematic and geographic focus for aids.
There is a huge shortage of professionally trained resource management and resource mobilization personnel.
S P Jain Institute of Management & Research and Resource Alliance, U.K., has stepped in to fill this gap.
Civil society organizations, international NGOs, corporate foundations, hospitals and educational trusts all play a significant role in helping to address India's many pressing social and environmental needs. Yet many of these organizations exist in a state of permanent financial crisis, struggling from one year to the next to make ends meet.
One of the major reasons for this is that staffs in these organizations lack the skills to be able to develop a sustainable resource base for their organization. Over-reliance on grants and government funding leaves many vulnerable to changing priorities amongst the funders.
The Certificate course in Resource Mobilization and Management is a new training program aimed at graduates with experience of working in the development sector who want to develop their skills in resource mobilization.
The course is highly practical with students expected to apply what they learn in the classroom in a series of work related projects and assignments. The course is designed to equip students with all of the core skills and knowledge required to successfully plan and implement a resource mobilization strategy in India.
The course is based on international standards and has been designed in partnership with the UK based charity the Resource Alliance. It is taught by local faculty using local case studies and resource materials, making it wholly applicable to an Indian context.
The specific objectives of the program are:
* To provide a quality program of training in Resource Mobilization and Management.
* To provide systematic, sustained and professional input that is accessible, yet affordable and internationally recognized.
* To provide value to all stakeholders - participants, sponsoring organizations, SPJIMR, Resource Alliance, U.K. and society and community at large.
By the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
* Establish and communicate a case for support for their organization
* Plan, budget, implement and analyze a resource mobilization activity
* Manage themselves effectively and create productive working relationships with others
* Identify the resourcing requirements of their organization and establish appropriate strategies for meeting these needs