Checkpoint - CCMSE NGX Plus VSXRooman Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Price on request
Checkpoint - CCMSE NGX Plus VSX
This course will provide you with an understanding of key concepts and skills necessary to effectively configure and deploy VPN-1 VSX, to manage multiple customer sites. This course provides hands-on training for installing VSX on SecurePlatform. You will configure Security Policies for multiple remote firewalls, using the Provider-1 NGX Multi-Domain GUI (MDG). You will also learn about managing multiple firewall-secured environments, and using Virtual Systems and Virtual Routers in a VSX configuration. You will understand how to perform advanced configuration tasks, such as establishing redundant VSX Gateways for High Availability functions.
Audience : System administrators, security managers, or network engineers implementing VSX in an enterprise environment.
Course Contents :
VPN-1 VSX Architecture and Deployment:
* VSX Overview.
* VSX Building Blocks.
* Managing the VSX Gateway.
* Clustering in VSX.
* IP Address Allocation for VSX Implementation.
* VSX Packet Flow and Routing.
* Routing from Virtual System to Virtual System.
* Overlapping IP Address-Space Support.
VSX Management Server Installation and Configuration:
* VSX Management.
* SmartCenter Management Model.
* Provider-1 Management Model.
* Check Point Licenses.
* Upgrading Previous Deployments.
* VSX NGX System Requirements.
* Installing and Configuring VSX.
* Installing Provider-1 NGX for VSX on a Secure Platform Machine.
* Installing the Provider-1 NGX MDG on Windows.
VSX Gateway Installation and Configuration:
* VSX Gateway's Virtual Topology.
* Management of Virtual Devices.
* Installing the VSX Gateway on SecurePlatform.
* Unique State-Table Configuration.
* Security Policy Separation.
* Unique Configuration Parameters.
* Management Virtual System.
* VSX Interface Support.
* External Virtual Routers.
* Management Server Communication.
* Provisioning and Network-Configuration Channel.
* System Virtualization.
* Advanced Routing Configurations.
VSX and Layer2 Communications:
* Virtual Switch.
* Virtual Switch in a Cluster.
* Virtual Switch and Dynamic Routing using OSPF.
VSX and VLAN Tagging:
* VLAN Technology.
* VLAN Tagging.
* VLAN Tag Composition.
* VLAN Trunking and Membership.
* Implicit/Explicit VLAN Membership.
* VLAN Configuration in a VSX Environment.
* Configuring Interfaces to Allow VLAN-Tagged Traffic.
* Associating VLAN Traffic with specific Virtual Systems.
Deploying Virtual Systems in a Bridged Configuration:
* Virtual System in Bridge Mode.
* Security for Virtual Systems in Bridge Mode.
* Clustering Virtual Systems in Bridge Mode (ClusterXL Only).
Configuring VSX Gateway High Availability:
* VSX Gateway High Availability.
* NGX and VSX Clustering.
* VSX state Synchronization.
* Synchronization Network.
* Synchronization Modes.
* Deploying Multiple VSX Gateways in an HA Environment.
* Creating VSX Gateway and EVR Cluster Objects.
* Completing VSX System Configuration.
* Configuring Customer Clusters.