Checkpoint - CCMSE NGX (Provider-1)Rooman Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Price on request
Checkpoint - CCMSE NGX (Provider-1)
This course offers in depth training on deploying and managing Check Point Provider-1 NGX. You will learn how to configure Security Policies for multiple remote Security Gateways using the Multi-Domain GUI (MDG), and learn about managing multiple firewall-secured environments using the Multi-Domain Server (MDS). You will also learn how to perform advanced configuration tasks, such as establishing redundant Multi-Domain Servers for High Availability management functions and migrating existing servers into the Provider-1 database.
Audience : System administrators, security managers, or network engineers implementing Provider-1 NGX in an enterprise setting.
Course Contents :
Provider-1 Overview and Deployment:
* Example MSP Deployment.
* Multi-Domain GUI and Server.
* Types of MDs.
* Communication between CMA and Security Gateway.
* Multi-Domain Log Modules.
* CheckPoint Management Infrastructure.
* OPSEC Support.
* Provider-1 Communication.
* Security Gateway Deployment.
* Point-of-Presence Provider-1 NGX Configuration.
* NOC Security.
* Log Management.
* Benefits of Provider-1 NGX.
MDS Installation and Configuration:
* Choosing the Type of MDS.
* Licensing Provider-1/SiteManager-1.
* License Details and Upgrading Licenses.
* Provider-1/Site Manager System Requirements.
* Secure Platform Appliances.
* IP Allocation and Routing.
* Command Line and File Structure.
* MDS and CMA Command Line Options.
* Overview of the Multi-Domain GUI.
* Establishing Communication with Remote Security Gateways.
* Multi-Domain GUI Functionality.
* Provider-1 Administrative Modes.
* Customer Contents Mode.
* Security Policies Modes.
* SmartUpdate View.
* SmartUpdate Toolbar Buttons.
* High Availability View.
* Customer Contents Mode.
* MDS Contents Mode.
* High Availability Toolbar Buttons.
* Connected Administrators Views.
* Connected Administrators Toolbar Buttons.
NOC Firewall Installation and Configuration:
* Network Operations Center Security.
* MDG Communication.
* Enhancing NOC Security.
* Rule Base Configurations.
Provider-1 Logging Features:
* Log Management
* Customer Log Module
* Multi-Domain Log Module System
* MLM Deployment
* Using Eventia Reporter
* Global Policy Rules
* Global Objects and Services
* Global Policy Database
* Customer History
* Global SmartDefense
* Configuring SmartDefense in Global SmartDashboard
* Subscribing an Customer to the Global SmartDefense Service
* Modifying SmartDefense from the SmartDashboard of a CMA
* Creating Global Objects and Rules
* Configuring a Global VPN
* Global VPN Communities
Advanced MDS Function:
* Migrating Existing Management Servers into Provider-1
* MDS High Availability Features
* Methodology of MDS Synchronization
* MDS Synchronization
* SmartCenter Server HA of a CMA
* MDS Clock Synchronization
* Backing Up a CMA
* MDS Archiving Utilities
* Archiving Scripts
* Restoring the MDS
* Using the mds_restore command