Coding for DesignersAquent Gymnasium
What you'll learn on the course
- Lesson 1: How Web Design Is Different From Print Design
An introduction to design principles on the web. We’ll explore examples and discuss context, but won’t begin coding yet.
- Lesson 2: “Hello World,” Coding Pages, And Fixing Problems
An introduction to coding HTML5 and CSS. We’ll set up our tools and start building pages.
- Lesson 3: Page Layout And Color With CSS
A deep-dive into CSS and how to merge visual design with website language. We’ll cover layout boxes, shapes, color, and the basics of page layout.
- Lesson 4: Typography On The Web
A focused introduction to what can (and can’t) be done with type on web pages. We’ll cover typefaces and licensing, sizing type, leading and kerning, and drop shadows.
- Lesson 5: Create A Mobile Website
The “mobile first” philosophy and why it’s useful for web designers. We’ll cover buttons, links, and scrolling layouts.
- Lesson 6: Create A Complete Website With Twitter Bootstrap
It’s time to apply for the final project: building a desktop website from a comp with the help of the very popular Twitter Bootstrap framework.