CompTIA - A+ Course(PART TIME)Rooman Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Price on request
CompTIA - A+ Course(PART TIME)
The CompTIA's A+ Certification is one of the most sought after credentials in the Information Technology industry. A+ certification program consists of two modules i.e, A+ PC Support (core Hardware) and A+ Opearating System Technologies.
Audience : Those who are interested to learn about Computer Hardware in depth including monitor and printer servicing.
Course Contents :
A+ Operating System Technologies:
* Introduction to Computers
* Types of Software & languages
Introduction to Operating System (DOS):
* Introduction to OS Booting sequence in DOS
* Internal & external commands.
Working with Windows 98 :
* Hardware profiles
* System and memory Resource management
* Boot sequence
* System management and maintenance tools
* Registry monitoring tools and troubleshooting resources.
Working with Windows 2000:
* Installing Windows 2000 Professional and Server
* Administration tools
* Microsoft Management Consoles
* Basic disk management
* The boot process
* System recovery using safe mode
* Using Device manager.
Networking with Windows 98 and 2000:
* Discussion on TCP/IP.
* Installing Network adapters, protocols and services
* Discussion of Workgroup or Domain models
* Mapping network and printer connections.
A+ PC Support (Core Hardware):
Assembling & Installation:
* Add on card identification
* Assembling a computer
* Installation of DOS, 95,98,ME, MS-Office etc.,
* Configuration of display, sound card.
* Resistors, capacitors and Inductors
* Conductors, Insulators and semiconductors
* Comparison between AC and DC Current
* Diodes and transistors
* Rectifiers and voltage Regulators.
* Number System and conversion
* Basic logic gates (NOT, AND, OR)
* Universal gates (NAND, NOR)
* Flip flops (RS, D and JK)
* Counters, Shift registers
* Multiplexer and De-multiplexer
* Introduction to Integrated Circuits.
Microprocessor and Support chips:
* Difference between 8085,8086 and 8088
* Data, Address and control bus
* Dumb and Smart chip
* Use of 8284,8288, 74LS245, 74LS373, in a PC
* Use of 8237,8253.8255 & 8259 in a PC.
* Difference between PC-XT & PC-AT
* Processor speed ratings
* Study on Intel 80286, 80386, 80486
* Study on Pentium, MMX, Pentium Pro, Celeron, PII, PIII,P4, Xeon
* Study on Hyperthreading and Dual-Core Technology
* Pipelining and superscalar execution
* Difference between RISC and CISC
* Discussion on Overdrive processor
* Processor performance tests
* AMD- K5, K6, K7, Athlon, Duron, Cyrix- M II, Media GX
* Multiprocessor configuration.
Using System Resources and Memory:
* Managing IRQ and I/O Base addresses.
* Configuring DMA Channels
* Troubleshooting resource conflicts
* Memory management
* The system and logical Memory Layouts
* Adapter Memory Configuration and optimization
* Different Memory types
* Discussion on Cache Memory.
* Socket identification & I/O Slots
* Study on LX, BX, ZX, 810,820, 815, 840 and 850 motherboard
* Upgrading the motherboard and the processor
* Bus Slots and I/O Cards
* Types of I/O Buses (ISA, EISA, MCA, VESA, PCMCIA and PCI)
* Study on Notebook and Laptop architecture.
* Floppy Disk Controller and drive
* Read/write Heads and Head Actuators
* Sensors and motors in a FDD
* Analyzing floppy disk and drive construction
* Data organization in floppy disk
* Analyzing problems in FDD.
Hard Disk Drives:
* Data encoding scheme (FM, MFM, RLL)
* Different HDD interface (ST-506/412, ESDI, IDE)
* Study on SCSI interface
* Data organization (MBR, DBR, FAT)
* Data recovery using Various tools
* Hard Disk Limitations (File System and BIOS)
* Introduction to Disk Arrays (RAID)
* Analyzing and troubleshooting Hard Disk Drive
* Introduction to Tape Drives.
Optical Storage Device:
* Introduction to CD-ROM, DVD, CD-RW
* Encoding and data organization in CD-ROM
* Multiread and Universal Disk Format (UDF)
* Troubleshooting CD-ROM Drives
* Introduction to MO Drives.
* Virus History
* Types of viruses (Trojans, File, Boot sector, etc.)
* Installing different Antivirus packages.
Communication Ports and modem:
* Using communication ports and devices
* Serial port configuration
* Null Modem Configuration (RS-232)
* Modem Standards
* Configuring modem for internet connectivity
* Internet concept and browsing
* Introduction of USB.
Parallel Ports and Printers:
* Parallel port configuration
* Detecting and testing Parallel port using DEBUG
* Introduction to Printers
* Printer working concepts (DMP, inkjet, LaserJet)
* Detailed study about dot-matrix and inkjet printers
* Troubleshooting printer
* Introduction Scanners.
Software and Hardware Diagnostic Tools:
* Power-on Self Test (POST)
* Using AMIDIAG, Norton Diagnostics, QAPLUS and MSD
* GUI based Diagnostics Utility.
Operating system and hardware troubleshooting:
* Differentiating problems between Hardware, software and OS
* Potential system problems
* Diagnosing problems through Beep Sounds
* Analyzing and repairing hardware problem
* Advanced Troubleshooting.
Monitors and Power Supply:
* Power supply functions and operation
* AT and ATX power supply
* Repairing a power supply
* Introduction to monitors
* Identifying different sections in monitor
* Basic troubleshooting of monitors.
Introduction to Networking:
* Network Cabling and Interfaces
* Introduction to Baseband and broadband
* Network Cable Types (Co-axial, Twisted pair, Fiber Optic)
* Network Technologies (Ethernet, Token Ring)
* Discussion on ISO/OSI Model and Network Protocol.