CORPORATE GOVERNANCE (COMBINED)National Insurance Academy
Price on request
Corporate governance has assumed much greater significance and is, in fact, the new buzzword in business circles. Concerns are being expressed every now and then as to the quality of corporate management and how share holders’ interests are getting adversely affected by problems arising from deficient corporate governance. Good Governance brings value to an organization and for it to be effective the standards laid down must be practiced in spirit and be part of the ethos of the enterprise. It is observed that corporate with winning ways in good governance have tended to outperform their peer group. Corporate governance in management therefore, is of critical importance and is the need of the hour.
This programme aims to:
• Examine the current debate on Corporate Governance
• Deal comprehensively with various models on Corporate Governance
• Identify a suitable model of corporate Governance for Indian insurance sector
• Corporate Governance – Problem, Diagnosis and solutions
• Stakeholders and Corporate Governance and how to improve mutual understanding and communication
• The Role of the Board
• The Role of Independent Director
• Accounting and Reporting Practices; Auditing Reforms in free markets
• Identifying key business and financial risks
• To study the impact of economic policies –national and international on the operating realities of the Indian financial markets.
• To study the financial reporting requirements and practices of the companies in India
• To evolve a framework for performance evaluation of the directors on the board.
• To analyze the issues of corporate ethics and corporate social responsibility.