Course in CinematographyChitrabani
Price on request
This program is meant for those students who want to be cameraperson with special stress on professional broadcasts quality video productions. This program gives the knowledge of cinematographer & amateurs video makers by offering alternative modes of visual symbol for storytelling and art practices.
This program also help to them who want shifts from still photography to videography; it provide a step by step guides to the single property & function of current day CCD base on video cameras and how to use it to reorients our insight of lights & shadow.
The program includes the class lecture, practical with analogues & digital video cameras, lighting for TV productions & documentary & technique of images development in postproduction are a few of the salient feature of this workshops.
Students will get plenty opportunity to practice on lens & cameras operations. This kind of project helps the student to improve the skills in lighting an exteriors & interiors scene for broadcasts quality video productions with state of the art digital cameras.
For this program the student should have passed the 12th class & above, they should have the experience of still photography with audiovisual media & should have good English. Students are selected on test and interview basis.
The program will consists of 45 training weeks straddling 2 semesters. 4 to 5 days a week of classes are held. Timings for demonstration and practical exercise will be notified from time to time and will usually last for the entire day.
There will be film screenings every week for the first two months. Attendance is compulsory for all lectures, film screenings and other group activities.
80% attendance is compulsory in each module and total attendance in practical and group work.
Course Content includes:
1. Introductions to moviemakings
2. Photography methods and applications
3. Working with still images and also study about composition, exposure & lighting, field works
4. Introduction to video, which includes the study of video formatting & the usage of magnet, tapes CCD, Color, & the video hardware Hands-on exercise with video camera
5. Len, lights, filters: lenses application and cinematography filters
6. Writings, budgeting and Preproduction methods
7. Lighting it includes Natures, Qualities & Functions of lights, Natural & Artificial lights, Lighting fixture & their usage, Exposure Meters
8. The Raw Stocks which includes the features of raw stocks, and Grey Scales Demonstrations, revealing raw stocks (16 mm)
9. Introductions to Movies Camera and method of a Movie Camera Lens & Focusing on Pulling practical with 16mm cameras
10. mixture exercise with 16 mm color negatives
11. Model projects every month
12. Final project - shoot and edit a short film